2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone and thanks in advance. Looking to upgrade just my front speakers for now. I Have a 2018 2.0 sport. If i wanted eliminate/not use the tweeters on the a pillar can i just disconnect them and it will not have any effect on the radio? I'd assume it would just function normally right ? As stated above i just plan on using some rockford 2 or 3 way speakers.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T - M.T.
53 Posts
I think that the tweeter is used for high frequency sounds like chimes, bells, and whistles. If you don't connect the tweeters, I would imagine that some songs and sound bits would sound weird. Plus- I can't really tell if the middle speaker is the one used for emergency breaking sounds or lane keeping assist sounds.

I replaced my speakers with a decent brand of component speakers and added an amp. That setup is good enough for me. Stock speakers were not that great.

Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that the tweeter is used for high frequency sounds like chimes, bells, and whistles. If you don't connect the tweeters, I would imagine that some songs and sound bits would sound weird. Plus- I can't really tell if the middle speaker is the one used for emergency breaking sounds or lane keeping assist sounds.

I replaced my speakers with a decent brand of component speakers and added an amp. That setup is good enough for me. Stock speakers were not that great.

Good luck.
Thanks for your feedback ! If you don't mind me asking what model accord and what model speakers did you use ? I believe my accord sport doesn't have a middle speaker.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you don't have the center dash speaker then your mids in the doors are getting full sound spectrum from the receiver. Your tweeter in that case is connected in parallel (with the mid) with an inline cap for the x-over. If you had the center speaker that would be a different, more complicated, story.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't have the center dash speaker then your mids in the doors are getting full sound spectrum from the receiver. Your tweeter in that case is connected in parallel (with the mid) with an inline cap for the x-over. If you had the center speaker that would be a different, more complicated, story.
Don't have the center speaker. Have the 8 speaker 180 watt system that comes in the sport . And yes as you said the tweeter has an inline xover. I'm going to give it a try. Shouldn't make that much of a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.