2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Emblem Move & Whiteout

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  chunkymonkey 
#1 ·
Finally had time to rearrange & whiteout (plasti dip) the rear emblems. Gotta admit, I was a nervous about the past dipping, but it's easy. Like many others, I used a toothpick to punch a hole and pulled.

WHITEOUT TIME BREAKDOWN
Prep – 6 Eric Church songs ~25 minutes. One coffee.
Painting – 5 rounds, each less than a minute + 4 rounds of 10-15 minutes of between coats marinating = ~50 minutes. 2.5 coffees.
Clean up – 15 minutes. 1/2 coffee while admiring.
TOTAL – 1.5 hours, half of which is waiting for paint to dry. 4 coffees.

BEFORE - Standard Emblem placement. I don't like the location of 2.0T & SPORT or the fact the words are 2 different italic angles and sizes.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Trunk

AFTER - Moved 2.0T up for balance, and removed SPORT (I'll put it back on somewhere else later). Also pictured: victory beer.

WHITEOUT:
Prep. Over did the masking, but maybe used $1 worth of paper and tape.

End result makes the emblems really fade away, especially from normal viewing (2nd pic). This is step one of my chrome deletion project. Very pleased with it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank ya. Time to complete is something many reviews never mention. And Victory Beer is an essential step.

#5 ·
I used a hairdryer. My Wife had one. About a minute is all it took. Then used dental floss or just wiggled it to remove.
Well done. Is a heat gun all that is necessary to remove the adhered 2.0/Sport letter badging?
[/Q

Reactions: PhilipS
#7 ·
That’s the same way my wife felt when we first met.

Reactions: StormX2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.