2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 accord 1.5..i always run 93.. someone filled my tank up with 87.was fine..I added a octane booster ,ran it down and filled back up with 93..now the car knocks under heavy throttle.has anyone had this problem or idea what might be..it shouldn't do that for a new car right??

·
Registered
33 Posts
That engine is designed to run on 87 octane. Why would you run 93 or use an octane booster? Regardless of whether it's 87 or 93, engine knock should not be an issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I know,it shouldn't knock at all.it is hot here in texas.would heat do it I wonder.but it's weird thought

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ya I know,it shouldn't knock at all.it is hot here in texas.would heat do it I wonder.but it's weird thought
No. The computer should adjust the timing to compensate for octane and ambient conditions.

Run this tank down, then fill it with a full tank of 87 or 89 octane from a different station. 91 or 93 octane gas in this car is a total waste of money. If you still get knocking, a trip to the dealer would be my recommendation. You should never need to add an octane booster or anything else to your fuel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok sounds good..ya the car was fine when my friend put 87. Then I decided to put Lucas Octane booster in it to boost it up.after that is when it did it.even after I put a half tank of 93.never had this problem before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A lesson to be learned here..You cannot mess around with these modern cars ..their computers wont allow it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the 1.5 civic for a couple of years ktuned and i only heard it knock a couple of times with bad batches of fuel, and i used top tier 93 every fill up. Granted there are some minor mechanical differences between the accord 1.5t and civic 1.5t.

I have not noticed knock with the 2.0 with any octane stock, however on 93 with ktuner stage 1 or 2 i heard very audible pinging on 93 octane. And ecu knock control barely noticed , which really worried me.Back to stock it went sadly. Luckily i dont miss it too much since the 2.0t feels great at stock levels.

Anyone else tuned notice knock?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't mess with a computer car,if having trouble with pinging,go to a diagnostic place that knows computers and have them adjust it..As a guy that worked on cars for years , will not touch a computer controlled car.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ok sounds good..ya the car was fine when my friend put 87. Then I decided to put Lucas Octane booster in it to boost it up.after that is when it did it.even after I put a half tank of 93.never had this problem before.
Lucas Octane Booster- I Believe is for 22 Gallon Tank , 1.
2. The Extra Heat - most Likely - Opened up the Spark Plug Gap ~
Pull Plugs ~ Index them and Gap them Smaller then Factory Spec's ~ Now , as You should Not be Having any Knock .. !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also a "Knock" Is OUT as in something Wrong - Fuel Pings - on the Other Hand a Light Ping is more like Bad Fuel ..

Need Sound Recording like Yesterday !

Oh ok sounds about right.but would one bottle of that do that..engine did seem hotter then before.and is now ideling rough,engine sounds kinda louder and exhaust too

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is it I Hear @ 6 sec. In ?

Any Mods ?
I think maybe that is light ping or just normal noise, but a good audible ping between 8 and 9 seconds. Unfortunately this is the best recording I have. But at its worst it was audible in the car and made me cringe. No mods besides ktuner stage 1 at the time.
I have not heard of other tuned 2.0t's having ping like that, so I must be one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have You disconnected the Battery to Rest and Let ECU relearn , seeing Good Gap between 104 and 93 Octane , Pull the Tune First and then Reset ..
I really hope you aren't running 260 GT plus in your car without proper modifications and a dyno tune...?!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.