2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont kill me I know I should go with Hasport mounts. I am running the Pherable stage 3. I have the 10AT. I want to try the stock mounts from the 6 speed first since they are a little softer and might not vibrate as much. The lower mount on the 6 speed is a different part number than on the 10AT. Do you guys think there is a difference between the two. Do you think the lower mount in the 6 speed is stiffer than the one in the 10AT. I know the top mount on the 6 speed is stiffer than the 10AT.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the Hasports, they vibrate pretty bad at first but I hear they settle in/you get used to it. I have about ~600 miles on mine and they're starting to soften up a bit. I hear they can take as much as 2500 miles before they settle tho. If you're not cool with that get the 6 spd mounts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool so the 6 speed lower mount is stiffer than the lower 10AT one. If I was to get the lower off of the 6 speed it would be stiffer than the 10AT one is what I was asking. I see a lot of people just use the upper off of the 6 speed and leave the lower 10AT mount in. I guess they dont know the 6 speed lower is more solid and could be used as a upgrade. I guess I could start out then with the 6 speed lower and the Hasport upper and see if it vibrates to much. If so I could swap out the Hasport upper with the 6 speed upper. If that is the case and the 6 speed lower is stiffer than the 10AT one. Using the 6 speed lower and Hasport upper might be the ticket on least vibration but way stiffer mounts than the 10AT stock upper and lower. Thanks for all the help..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cool so the 6 speed lower mount is stiffer than the lower 10AT one. If I was to get the lower off of the 6 speed it would be stiffer than the 10AT one is what I was asking. I see a lot of people just use the upper off of the 6 speed and leave the lower 10AT mount in. I guess they dont know the 6 speed lower is more solid and could be used as a upgrade. I guess I could start out then with the 6 speed lower and the Hasport upper and see if it vibrates to much. If so I could swap out the Hasport upper with the 6 speed upper. If that is the case and the 6 speed lower is stiffer than the 10AT one. Using the 6 speed lower and Hasport upper might be the ticket on least vibration but way stiffer mounts than the 10AT stock upper and lower. Thanks for all the help..
I know the upper on the 6 spd is harder than the 10 AT, but idk about the differences between the lower/rear mount, or if there is one. If I were you, I'd do what I did and just do Hasports all around and break them in for 2500 miles give or take.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The reason you see everyone change the upper is because it's a very simple mod that just about everyone has the tools to and can do it in 5 min. But as I said in other thread, even stock poly filled mount doesn't compare to the Hasport. Especially at the power levels your running.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you guys know if there is a difference in the 6 speed lower vs the AT lower. They do have different part numbers. Im going to run the Hasports upper.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would recommend this, start with the upper Hasport and see if it does what you want, if not go from there and proceed with the lower one. Just put the lower one out of your head for a min.
This was what I did initially as well. Then I decided to get the lower to make sure things matched up. I can't say I notice much difference after adding the lower, maybe only when cornering. Definitely do the upper first and see how you like it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my "old" '19 1.5L I just upgraded from the stock mount (polyutherane one) to 2.0T casted mount, did exactly want I wanted, didnt even mess with the lower. Now that I have my 2.0T 10 spd immediately went for hasport (70A). I however run stage 2 and maybe soon stage 3 phearable, and put my coilovers back on with sway bar so everything is going stiff. I have the upper in, waiting until next oil change to put my car on my lift and change lower mount. only a few hundred miles and already way less vibration, but not bad, feels great to me, can hear the engine way more in the cabin. All about what you perosonally want/can tolerate.

From and engineering perspective, there is something to be said about changing one and not the other, by you sitffening a "beam" (engine) on one side and not so much on the other making there a possiblilty of causing premature wear on the new mount. It is stiffer than the stock mount so the stiffer mount now will take more of the "weight" from engine/engine movement, reducing its life sooner than the same two more stiff mounts. There is also something to be said about the fact that there is a third mount of the transmission- possibly 4? and I am unsure if they even make upgraded transmission mounts yet or at all for the accord. Stiffening the engine mounts can lead to vulnerability of the other mounts. Unsure if changing any of them indepent of the other causes any premature wear on itself or other mounts since they are not all the same stiffness.

I plan on changing both, but I would be curious to see if someone changed only one if the new mount wore out faster becuase of the uneven stiffness.Probably would have to see 50k+ miles before you could really see.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I can actually get these on a group buy if people are interested just fyi. I keep seeing them pop up. Would need min 5 people and cost would be around $425 shipped.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Very interested! though I don't need the tower bar, already have the DC sports one. I wonder if they'd sell the rest of them minus that one even cheaper.
No the manufacturer only sell the kit. I started a thread in the classified section. For that price though you could sell the upper bar off pretty easy I'm sure and lower your cost further.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Gotcha. I'm still interested, I'll just sell the tower bar I guess.
Cool two down, three more for min. Going to add you name to other thread to keep track.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.