2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been having periodic issues with my 2018 Accord Hybrid when driving at a steady speed whether it’s at 30mph or 60mph. The car almost feels like it stutters or the brakes are activating slightly and then releasing quickly and this will happen repeatedly every few seconds until I take my foot off the gas. It happens both in Econ/Sport mode and I might go a few days or even weeks without it happening at all.

Problem first started when I had less than 20,000 miles on it and over 70K now and it’s still happening. I’ve had it to the dealership twice and they couldn’t duplicate it. Seemed like after one software update I went a few months without it happening but on a long drive it suddenly started again.

Anyone experience anything like this? I’ve never had any dash lights illuminate indicating an issue and the tachometer pretty much holds steady when it happens. No smell of burning brake pads or anything else to indicate a brake problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
are you experiencing the transfer from Engine to Battery and back? it's fairly smooth but can be somewhat noticeable. put the menu in power transfer view to see if the sensation synchs with power transfer.

I’ve been having periodic issues with my 2018 Accord Hybrid when driving at a steady speed whether it’s at 30mph or 60mph. The car almost feels like it stutters or the brakes are activating slightly and then releasing quickly and this will happen repeatedly every few seconds until I take my foot off the gas. It happens both in Econ/Sport mode and I might go a few days or even weeks without it happening at all.

Problem first started when I had less than 20,000 miles on it and over 70K now and it’s still happening. I’ve had it to the dealership twice and they couldn’t duplicate it. Seemed like after one software update I went a few months without it happening but on a long drive it suddenly started again.

Anyone experience anything like this? I’ve never had any dash lights illuminate indicating an issue and the tachometer pretty much holds steady when it happens. No smell of burning brake pads or anything else to indicate a brake problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had this issue yesterday on the freeway ... just driving 50 mph, and car just started bucking like starved for gas (misfire)or brakes stabbing. no codes or chk eng lights... i think it happens when after switching from eco mode to sport mode or visa versa.. (sport mode to any other mode) took to dealer today and im sure they wont replicate it.. never do.... also makes really odd noise periodically under hood like a growl or grinding noise at low speed.. im at wits end.. love the car but it only has 19k miles ... this crap shoudnt be happening......

·
Registered
2018 Hybrid Touring
28 Posts
I have experienced this from time to time in mine. I have owned the car for 2.5 years and have 43,000 miles. It usually happens at around 45 mph. It will last for about 5 to 10 seconds and do it 2 to 3 times. I won't experience it again for a couple of months and it will happen again. This has happened since the car had about 3,000 miles. I have learned to not stress about it. And will usually speed up if I can and then the episode is over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had this issue yesterday on the freeway ... just driving 50 mph, and car just started bucking like starved for gas (misfire)or brakes stabbing. no codes or chk eng lights... i think it happens when after switching from eco mode to sport mode or visa versa.. (sport mode to any other mode) took to dealer today and im sure they wont replicate it.. never do.... also makes really odd noise periodically under hood like a growl or grinding noise at low speed.. im at wits end.. love the car but it only has 19k miles ... this crap shoudnt be happening......
Mine did the same thing it's carbon build up in the intake with the GDI motors in the new Hondas. It started at about 30,000 had the intake decarbed at 88,000 and still shutters when I first start it. You will have nothing but problems with that car. I already had fuel injectors changed at 50,000. If I were you I would start looking for another car seriously, iam it's the biggest pice of junk I ever owned. And good luck if you call corporate. That's another big joke. I also own 5 other cars with over 160,000 and still run great. There oil dilution problem in the 1.5l are horrible every other auto maker figure how to solve the problem but not honda.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hybrids are not GDI, they are port injected.

Mine did the same thing it's carbon build up in the intake with the GDI motors in the new Hondas. It started at about 30,000 had the intake decarbed at 88,000 and still shutters when I first start it. You will have nothing but problems with that car. I already had fuel injectors changed at 50,000. If I were you I would start looking for another car seriously, iam it's the biggest pice of junk I ever owned. And good luck if you call corporate. That's another big joke. I also own 5 other cars with over 160,000 and still run great. There oil dilution problem in the 1.5l are horrible every other auto maker figure how to solve the problem but not honda.

·
Registered
4 Posts

The same thing happens to my 2018 and sometimes the speedlimit on the dash will say 100mph im out of ideas i put cvt trans fix in worked like a charm drove smoother than i bought it then the next day it started again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.