2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Seriously contemplating buying a used 2.0T Sport AT model, however 1 of the things I actually dislike is the seemingly Fake Chrome Tip that doesnt directly connect to the Exhaust.

First off, is there a legitimate reason for having it like this? Not allowing the Exhaust to simply leave the back end of the car and exit through the Chromish Tip? Seems like the exhaust fumes would just linger in the back bumper if car was idling, wouldn't this be a possible air quality issue inside?

I love the sound of the car as is, so I am not looking for a fancy or special sound effect, in fact as simple as possible the better.

Can anyone show me options that some have done to add a different exhaust tip? Video Link preferred so I can hear that it doesn't sound terrible lol

Would it make sense to just create a shroud and weld the Exit to the actual Exhaust?

Side note: the the guy on Youtube, Adonis Cortes, has a really nice looking Chrome Delete with a Dual Tip exhaust installed. It looks fantastic, but boy oh boy it does not match the sort of sound I would like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice!!! Can you provide details... is this a new exhaust system, tips, what??
Hello,
Hey guys...hope your Turkey Day was great...:)! This is an RV-6 down-pipe, a PRL Motorsports front-pipe, a Borla Type-S exhaust system, and Magnaflow stainless-steel tips of my choosing. Thanks again for checking it out and have a killer day!

·
Administrator
2,547 Posts
Hello,
Hey guys...hope your Turkey Day was great...:)! This is an RV-6 down-pipe, a PRL Motorsports front-pipe, a Borla Type-S exhaust system, and Magnaflow stainless-steel tips of my choosing. Thanks again for checking it out and have a killer day!
Awesome!!!! Now we need a video/sound clip of it. ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,

now that definitely looks great. And yes, I would love if you might be able to pull of a video with some decent sound quality. I am not looking for a particularly loud exhaust or anything, so I might be a bit picky about how it sounds.

Of Course I still love just the standard sound the car makes stock.

·
Registered
176 Posts
now that definitely looks great. And yes, I would love if you might be able to pull of a video with some decent sound quality. I am not looking for a particularly loud exhaust or anything, so I might be a bit picky about how it sounds.

Of Course I still love just the standard sound the car makes stock.
I will work on that one for you guys...as I don't do the cheesy rice...because race car of course!

??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whenever I am actually able to afford buying this accord, I will keep it stock for a while, and then looks to make it a bit more fun ;p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts