2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quite amazed that with a light foot on the gas pedal and light traffic on roadways with a speed limit of 45 MPH, I get well over 40 MPG in my 2018 Honda Accord Touring sedan with the 1.5 L engine. I bought it new in January of 2019 at a bargain price of 27.5 K. I have about 32,500 miles on it. Have any of you been happily surprised with the gas mileage of your HONDA? I can't justify trading it in for a new CRV as I fear I will miss this great ride with wonderful gas savings...

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
89 Posts
My car has the 2.0T, not the 1.5T, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it gets noticeably better fuel economy than the 2.4L in my '07 did, especially on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
2,242 Posts
I am quite amazed that with a light foot on the gas pedal and light traffic on roadways with a speed limit of 45 MPH, I get well over 40 MPG in my 2018 Honda Accord Touring sedan with the 1.5 L engine. I bought it new in January of 2019 at a bargain price of 27.5 K. I have about 32,500 miles on it. Have any of you been happily surprised with the gas mileage of your HONDA? I can't justify trading it in for a new CRV as I fear I will miss this great ride with wonderful gas savings...
That's outstanding MPG's (you must be driving w/a raw egg under your foot 😁)... best I've done w/mine is 32.5 (about 80% Highway 20% city).

·
Registered
2019 Accord LX 1.5T CVT
9 Posts
I was easily getting mid 40's with the stock Kinergy tires. When I drove those off and switched to Firestone Firehawk A/S tires It dropped to the mid 30's.

·
Registered
104 Posts
On extended trips I regularly see 38 to 40 MPG with an occasional pedal to the metal😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts