Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
80 Posts
Sounds good!

Reactions: True_North_Accord

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Looking forward to more videos/sound clips and report/review after you get some miles on it. Really interested in how it sounds inside car (any drone), and some "aggressive" drive by's to see/hear how loud it gets from interior & exterior. 😁 Also would like to know if you getting any exhaust fumes/smells in the car w/the cat removed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking forward to more videos/sound clips and report/review after you get some miles on it. Really interested in how it sounds inside car (any drone), and some "aggressive" drive by's to see/hear how loud it gets from interior & exterior. 😁 Also would like to know if you getting any exhaust fumes/smells in the car w/the cat removed.
Definitely will!

Prior to the DP, I was getting some drone which I could get rid of by going to a higher gear. If I was cruising city in 3rd, it would be a bit drony and I'd go in to 4th and all gone. On the highway in 4th or 5th it would drone and I'd go into 5th or 6th and it would reduce.

I've noticed that's gone now. I didn't notice the drone on the single drive back I did, but will definitely be keeping an eye on it and report back.

You can smell the fumes but it's not too bad. On the Subarus it was horrible but I noticed it wasn't too bad. Once again, I can report back better with more mileage.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
111 Posts
Thanks! Appreciate that!

It is hard to make the straight 4s sounds good but doable.
You're welcome. So much of it is in the quality of the exhaust pieces, cheap metals and mufflers can make anything sound awful. PRL and Invidia are nice choices though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're welcome. So much of it is in the quality of the exhaust pieces, cheap metals and mufflers can make anything sound awful. PRL and Invidia are nice choices though.
Yeah, good point. If I had gone with a new muffler I would've gone with a Vibrant or HKS muffler. I had the Invidia from my Subaru and decided to install it on the Accord. I need to clean it up polish it maybe.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, good point. If I had gone with a new muffler I would've gone with a Vibrant or HKS muffler. I had the Invidia from my Subaru and decided to install it on the Accord. I need to clean it up polish it maybe.
All solid choices. I had Invidia on my s2k and del sol and both sounded great. HKS always seems to be a little louder than most from my experience.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All solid choices. I had Invidia on my s2k and del sol and both sounded great. HKS always seems to be a little louder than most from my experience.
Depends on models I suppose. In my subaru group, the two guys that had HKS and Greddy were the two quitest setups. I suppose good mufflers would muffle better? :D:p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depends on models I suppose. In my subaru group, the two guys that had HKS and Greddy were the two quitest setups. I suppose good mufflers would muffle better? :D:p
huh...interesting! good would be subjective, I suppose. Do you want them to be good at muffling or good at delivering a nice sound.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
huh...interesting! good would be subjective, I suppose. Do you want them to be good at muffling or good at delivering a nice sound.
Yeah, really varies from car to car and exhaust to exhaust.

On the Subaru boxer engines you have the natural rumble. If you put on the dual N1 mufflers, it really gives a nice deep rumble sound. If however you do a single exit N1 muffler, that's twice the flow going through one muffler, so it makes it louder but less rumble. I assume it would be similar with a dual N1 muffler setup on our Accords. A deeper tone with possibly some drone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, really varies from car to car and exhaust to exhaust.

On the Subaru boxer engines you have the natural rumble. If you put on the dual N1 mufflers, it really gives a nice deep rumble sound. If however you do a single exit N1 muffler, that's twice the flow going through one muffler, so it makes it louder but less rumble. I assume it would be similar with a dual N1 muffler setup on our Accords. A deeper tone with possibly some drone.
That logic is hard to argue with. Drone never bothered me too much, but I never had anything that was insanely loud. I'd love something mild with a deep tone but everything on these cars are above what I want to spend right now lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That logic is hard to argue with. Drone never bothered me too much, but I never had anything that was insanely loud. I'd love something mild with a deep tone but everything on these cars are above what I want to spend right now lol
That was my goal too. My setup was as cheap as I could go haha.

Only replaced piping and components that needed to be changed instead of a full system.

·
Registered
330 Posts
That was my goal too. My setup was as cheap as I could go haha.

Only replaced piping and components that needed to be changed instead of a full system.
Had an Ebay Chinese catless dp on my GTI for about 8 years. People complained that they simply copied and american companies design, which they did. But for iirc $110 at the time compared to $750 for a steel tube, cant beat that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had an Ebay Chinese catless dp on my GTI for about 8 years. People complained that they simply copied and american companies design, which they did. But for iirc $110 at the time compared to $750 for a steel tube, cant beat that.
So long as it's not cracking or blowing welds then thats all you can ask for out of it. As much as I liked my Invidia and Tanabe stuff I've had my favorite exhaust may have actually been my $220 Yonaka catback on my old CB7 accord. that was cheap as **** but had the nicest, deepest tone. Sometimes you can find a happy medium between cost and quality

1 - 20 of 30 Posts