2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
So here's mine. From my position in the driver seat can only see the lower fifth of the screen that's it. It's tucked up there pretty tight, actually have to get it on the mount and push on the HDMI cable for the rear camera to get it into place. I really wanted something that just shows both front and back but without wiring a rear camera. The rear videos from this one when I opened them on a computer show more than far enough enough behind the vehicle clearly to prove liable ect. It's a 1080 camera I found on eBay for $36 after tax and for two 64gc micro SD card on Amazon for $12 lol. For what I paid the quality is surprisingly good. The camera in front was actually mounted upsidedown and they offered to send me a replacement. I was bored watching TV and popped it open really quick. Took five min to unscrew the way they mounted the camera and flip it around no biggie. But they had not problem sending me another one and have sold thousands on eBay. Probably because of the quality for the price. Sorry that ugly power cable will be gone soon
Car Mirror Vehicle Sky Wheel

Mirror Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car was recently vandalized so I decided it was time to get a dash cam. Here's a video review of the one I got. I show some clips, how it was installed (hardwired) and a quick unboxing at the end for those who appreciate that kind of content.

I have a dual camera which I had hard wired. That was two years ago. That same winter I found that my car 2 or 3 times would not start, I took it to the dealer who said the battery must be defective and without doing any diagnostics, they replaced the battery. Fast forward to this winter and again, dead battery. Spoke to a top notch mechanic who said that even the small amount of power that was being pulled was enough to run down the battery. My solution was to use a power cord. I pull it out when I get home. I do live in upstate NY and we have frigid winters. In the spring I will hook it up to the wired installation. Last summer I had a backing up accident in a parking lot. The car behind me started backing up after I did and lied to the insurance company. They believed her but the insurance companies and other driver did not know I had the camera. They wanted to make me SEVENTY percent liable. I sent the video to the insurance company. It went to arbitration and I was found ZERO percent liable. Saved me the $500 deductible and my rates were not affected by the accident. ENJOY THE CAMERAS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car was recently vandalized so I decided it was time to get a dash cam. Here's a video review of the one I got. I show some clips, how it was installed (hardwired) and a quick unboxing at the end for those who appreciate that kind of content.

Will routing that wire down the “A” pillar interfere with the side curtain airbag if it deploys?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.