2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the firmware update yesterday morning and the screen is stuck at 100% installing. It has been at that status for about 36 hours now and is obviously frozen. Any ideas on how to fix or reset it from this point? The only two buttons that respond are the two rotary dials. I can only change the volume and change the radio station. Holding the power button does nothing.

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Found the below video on youtube….

I would try pushing/holding the power button as the video mentioned to see if that works. If that didn't I would try pulling the fuse next it is located in main fuse panel under the hood (see attachment below). Lastly it may take a trip to the dealer to resolve issue. 😞

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
@Hullingm were you able to resolve this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately not. I was finally able to find a service advisor who gave me an additional troubles shooting tip which was to disconnect the battery cables and have them close together for about 10 minutes. However that didn’t work either so I ended up having to take it into the dealership and I am waiting to hear from them.

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Ok, sucks you couldn't get it sorted on your own. Let us know how it was resolved. TIA.

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
...However that didn’t work either so I ended up having to take it into the dealership and I am waiting to hear from them.
Has this been resolved... what was the fix?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what the fix was exactly. But it was a reset of some sort because everything on the stereo was back to default. The service advisor didn’t give me any details and I didn’t ask because getting the car in was a hassle and I was just ready to have the car back and working.

·
Super Moderator
1,418 Posts
Gotcha… glad you got it resolved. (y) Did the fix include the update or you still need to do that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m having the same issue, how many days did the dealership have your car? I’m considering dropping mine off to get this resolved. Also did they charge you for this fix? I have the warranty and HondaCare so I assume I am covered. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m having the same issue, how many days did the dealership have your car? I’m considering dropping mine off to get this resolved. Also did they charge you for this fix? I have the warranty and HondaCare so I assume I am covered. Thanks in advance.
No, it was covered under warranty. They had it for about 24 hrs. However, that was right as the Covid-19 stuff had just started.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, it was covered under warranty. They had it for about 24 hrs. However, that was right as the Covid-19 stuff had just started.
Update! I was able to fix the problem. I unplugged both battery terminals and sat for 10 minutes, replugged and it reset the system. Just needed to go for a 5 minute drive just to recalibrate all the sensors. I’m really glad this worked, I was dreading having to go to the dealership especially because of all this covid stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue, to fix I installed the HondaLink app and once it sync with my car then it prompted me to install update.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EX-L
18 Posts
This happened to me after I bought my 2018 EX-L on Friday 6/19. I tried to do the update on Saturday and it locked up the radio. I did what @dveraphoto did and removed the battery cables to reset everything. I then made sure I was connected to my home WiFi and once I was connected, it updated as usual without issues. I’m assuming it locked up on me first time because it was looking for a WiFi name that wasn’t there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem and figured it out. You have to install the Hondalink app on your phone, it has to be open, and the app has to be linked to both your bluetooth and wifi/5g. Turn on your car, turn if off again, and when you start it again, the update will be done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
could be a issue with the radio unit as there is a TSIB out on these radio, mine restart once while driving and i took it to the dealership and was told that there is some issues with these unit and replace it under warranty

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem and figured it out. You have to install the Hondalink app on your phone, it has to be open, and the app has to be linked to both your bluetooth and wifi/5g. Turn on your car, turn if off again, and when you start it again, the update will be done.
If the screen is stuck on download update will installing this app help reset the screen to its original format

1 - 17 of 17 Posts