2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone this is my first car forum! So I have been upgrading my cars system. I have included a 400 watt amp and upgraded my front door and back speakers. The last thing I plan on adding is a 12 inch sub. My question is I know I may need to upgrade my battery if I plan on adding another 400 watt amp (800 watts total) but what about my alternator?? I've been searching high and low and can't seem to find a place online that sells upgraded parts. Would I even need a new alternator? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
Hello everyone this is my first car forum! So I have been upgrading my cars system. I have included a 400 watt amp and upgraded my front door and back speakers. The last thing I plan on adding is a 12 inch sub. My question is I know I may need to upgrade my battery if I plan on adding another 400 watt amp (800 watts total) but what about my alternator?? I've been searching high and low and can't seem to find a place online that sells upgraded parts. Would I even need a new alternator? Any help would be greatly appreciated
No, you will not. I run around 1600 watts RMS on the stock alternator. Once you pass 2000 Watts RMS I would maybe consider.

Reactions: Scott69

·
Registered
341 Posts
I did perform “ The Big 3 “ upgrade for my power and grounds. I run all 0 gauge.

·
Registered
341 Posts
On the stock battery for almost a year with my current set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts