2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually drive Nokians, but I got a set of Continental VikingContact 7 tires for this car. I went with the same size 17" tires that are on the non-Sport/Touring models because I wanted the additional sidewall. I went with RTX Turbine II wheels in satin black that I think look really good on the car. The tires seemed to perform well, but I find they usually perform their best after a good break-in. (I've only had them on the car since Tuesday but this was our first snowy day.)

Do you run winters? What kind? Steel wheels, or did you get something pretty?

·
Registered
39 Posts
We're running the same tires on our 2.0T, with black alloy wheels. The Woman Of My Dreams thinks they are a little looser than the Contientals on our last Accord. I think she just has a heavy foot and the 2.0 is more powerful than best for winter driving. You really need to be careful not to get too deep into the throttle when it gets greasy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hans, keep me posted on how your Contis go. So far I like mine.

We just drove to an area that had over a metre (>3') of snow on the weekend (and another 15cm more today). The highways were okay enough but the roads within the park where we are staying were absolutely atrocious. But I did not get stuck. :)

My poor Accord is buried in snow outside our rented unit's door. It looks pretty. But it is going to be some work to drive it. Good thing there is nothing on today's schedule. :)

Snow is a lot prettier when someone else has to shovel it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I usually drive Nokians, but I got a set of Continental VikingContact 7 tires for this car. I went with the same size 17" tires that are on the non-Sport/Touring models because I wanted the additional sidewall. I went with RTX Turbine II wheels in satin black that I think look really good on the car. The tires seemed to perform well, but I find they usually perform their best after a good break-in. (I've only had them on the car since Tuesday but this was our first snowy day.)
How do you like the Continental VikingContact 7? I'm looking to get these in the next week. I put Continental WinterContact SI on my wife's car and they're great. What size did you get? 225/50/R17 or 215/55/R17?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
225/50R17 is what I did. So far I like the Contis quite a bit. They were nice and surefooted on slushy/icy pavement as I drove to the provincial park yesterday where we're staying, and on very snowy roads within the park, while I did have difficulty in one place, once I turned traction control off, I was able to get unstuck fairly quickly without getting out of the car. I've only got about 500 km on them so I'll know a lot more in a few weeks and months, but they don't seem any worse than the Nokians I have on the '07.

Some complain that they're loud on certain types of pavement, and I did find that to be the case, but they weren't problematically loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I bought these Touring wheels off Craigslist for $300💪🏽! Just got some Michelin X-Ice put on them for $930 through Costco. So far no ice, I can tell you though that when I accelerate too hard in 3rd or 4th, the VSC comes on however I can’t feel or hear the tires peeling out?! Winter tires in general don’t grip as well on dry/warmer weather...but I like the added confidence this time of year. Where I live In Oregon, the weather can be very unpredictable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts