2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
I used fumoto for one oil change but removed it before oil needed change d/t oil puddle on garage floor and a pint low in the engine. I like the convience but not the risk of blowing a engine. The oil was dripping form the nipple where you drain the oil from the valve and attach the drain tubing.
Something seriously wrong with the Fumoto/installation then if there's puddles on the floor. One thing they say not to do is overtighten it. I've installed a half dozen over the years and not a single drip. I still would not hesitate to put this on any of my cars including this one.

· Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone tried the Fumoto F106SX on their 2.0T? Are there any clearance issues that would prevent it from being rotated into a position that would keep it above the oil pan (or shield in Honda's case)? Don't have the 2019 2.0T Touring yet - just planning ahead.

· Registered
1 Posts
So, I just did my first oil change. When looking in the setting on the dash it went down to 15% before saying I had to take it in. And the letter under the percentage was A. After the oil change I checked it a few hours later ( sometimes these dealerships don’t reset it ) and it said 100. But hen said B under it. Then later that day hours later, it shows B1. What’s that all about ?
I did my first oil change on my accord on 1/23/19, and after the oil change, I checked the maintenance minder and it said "oil life 100%" and at bottom it said B. I thought that maybe that the maintenance minder was not reset. So I had dealership reset it a couple of times, and it still said B. At first dealership seemed confuse why B code was still there and had not disappeared after reset. One dealership personnel seem to give me conflicting information as to what code B meant. Anyway, I guess maintenance minder was reset because I do not get a maintenance minder alerts for code
B. Only when I go to maintenance minder, do I see oil life at 100% and letter B.

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,066 Posts
Bring Up Good Old Threads for some Important Info that Others may have Missed !

Read It All - New - Memebers - new Owners

· Registered
6 Posts
It's frustrating not to have the actual maintenance schedules available. I will probably go on a 5,000 mile schedule as I don't put a lot of miles on our cars. The maint minder is secondary for me, the odometer is what I will go by.

On a different note, has anyone installed a Fumoto valve yet? The drain location seems to say that you can use one and it will help me with my aging bumbling hands and fingers in doing an oil change quick on a Saturday morning.

· Registered
1,066 Posts
Interesting , It would have to be Protected If I did one , as all Long Highway Miles - just to many of those Road Gators on Highway ..

Anyone Tap on the Fuel Tank Splash Guard , mine had 27 pieces of Gravel up in on Top of It - **** - I have Never Driven on Gravel Road . .

Stuff comes from Everywhere ( Just Look at some Intersection - Covered in Plastic Crap ( Chucks )

Rubber Road Gators will do a Number on Vehicle , Grill , Hood , Windshield etc. ( Last Road Trip )
Seen Car Parked Steaming on side Road ( Road Gator Took Out Cars Radiator ) $$$ & Hotel & Tow = $$$$

· Registered
1,066 Posts
I have an Older Unit something like this : Oil Extraction - has Different Hoses for Small to Medium Opening Locations . . ( Have Not Used it on Honda YET )
7.5 liter Manual Vacuum Oil Extractor Pump Fuel Fluid Suction Tank Remover

41 - 51 of 51 Posts