2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
lol!! I was the same! We loved the snow because everything would always shut down. We ended up with snow today but it didn’t stick. You are a good one because I will stay home until the snow melts 😂
Yeah, with virtual learning there are no more snow days in NoVA. My kids got to sit in “school” all day watching the snow out the window. This past week wasn’t too bad, and they got some good play in. The last snow earlier this winter it snowed pretty much until they were dismissed then it turned to rain. So all the fluffy white fun stuff was when they were stuff staring at it through the window.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We had snow again yesterday... some of the flakes appeared to be big as (or bigger than) quarters. It was wet/heavy snow that turned to slush. Not much accumulation though and by the end of the day after sun came out it disappeared. However, like you mentioned forecasting more winter weather this week... guess we paying for a mild winter last year.
I agree because this winter has been so crazy. It seems like every day it is either snowing or raining! I want Spring to come back now! 😂

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I seem to remember that it was a pretty big deal to go to the beach - like let's go to VA Beach or Ocean City for the weekend or whole week kind of deal. My family wasn't really into beaches (and even now, I'm not a big beach kinda guy) I think I might have been to each place just one time the whole time I lived over there - must be nice to live 10-12 min away! (well, except for the added humidity :eek: )
Honestly, I am not a fan of the beach. I think it is because I was born and raised here. During the summer, I don’t go to the beach nor do I take my kids to the beach. It’s just a huge tourist attraction. I guess it is great for people who like that scene but during the night, a bunch of violence happens there too so I stay away from there. I would take the mountains any day!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, with virtual learning there are no more snow days in NoVA. My kids got to sit in “school” all day watching the snow out the window. This past week wasn’t too bad, and they got some good play in. The last snow earlier this winter it snowed pretty much until they were dismissed then it turned to rain. So all the fluffy white fun stuff was when they were stuff staring at it through the window.
My kids are doing the virtual learning thing as well. I like it because I am working from home and I don’t want to send them to school in person. I do feel like my sons could be doing better in class but I have to weigh my options. Last week, my kids went out and played in the snow on their lunch break and they were trying to get me to go outside and jump on a snow covered trampoline...no thanks! 🤣 I rather keep my 10 toes on the ground!

·
Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
Honestly, I am not a fan of the beach. I think it is because I was born and raised here. During the summer, I don’t go to the beach nor do I take my kids to the beach. It’s just a huge tourist attraction. I guess it is great for people who like that scene but during the night, a bunch of violence happens there too so I stay away from there. I would take the mountains any day!
It's funny how when things are right in your backyard so to speak they no longer have the appeal that it does to others. I live within a stones throw (as the saying goes) from Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway and over the years the desire to go up there has diminished. Like you stated about the beach that area has become a tourist attraction and become crowded (at times). Back in my younger days it was nothing to go riding my motorcycle or cruising in my car up there a couple times a week. In the summer when it's really hot it's always 10 +/- degrees cooler up there making it a refreshing break.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts