1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
Looking good!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally 5 months later just got tints put on. 20 all around and a 40 in the front. Sweet.
How is this even legal? What state?

I did 40% all around. Ceramic. But in the front not done yet. I am thinking about doing a clear IR rejection tint to keep the car cool.

Keep it classy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good, I did my windshield too, but with 70% so it doesn’t look so dark. The rest of mine is 20% and made a massive difference in the heat rejection.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good, I did my windshield too, but with 70% so it doesn’t look so dark. The rest of mine is 20% and made a massive difference in the heat rejection.
I haven’t noticed a difference in the heat yet but it hasn’t been as hot as the last week. So we’ll see. I used the ceramic “paper” too

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tinting the windshield isn't legal, but neither is 20% tint... it just depends how far on the edge you like to live!! :)

I have 35% ceramic all the way around, with 50% on the front windshield. The heat rejection is very noticeable, but will also depend on the brand of tint you use. (3M, XPEL, Llumar, etc.). Check the specs (typically found on the manf website) and then make your decision.

NOT ALL TINT IS CREATED EQUAL.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tinting the windshield isn't legal, but neither is 20% tint... it just depends how far on the edge you like to live!! /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have 35% ceramic all the way around, with 50% on the front windshield. The heat rejection is very noticeable, but will also depend on the brand of tint you use. (3M, XPEL, Llumar, etc.). Check the specs (typically found on the manf website) and then make your decision.

NOT ALL TINT IS CREATED EQUAL.

😂😂 true

·
Registered
242 Posts
It all comes down to discretion and odds are if it doesn't stand out too much from the rest of your car and from other cars on the road, no one will notice, aside from tint professionals.
Friends of mine had tinted windshields I didn't know about till mentioned.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks really sharp. Has it made any difference in nighttime visibility? Law enforcement doesn't seem too concerned with tints as of late. But you never know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks really sharp. Has it made any difference in nighttime visibility? Law enforcement doesn't seem too concerned with tints as of late. But you never know.
They don’t really mess with you around here. Unless they are SUPER bored. You have some towns around here that are more strict then others. But then you go there during the day with the sunroof open 😂.
With any tint it does make driving at night a tad darker. But your driving with the lights on anyways. So it’s not much difference. This is the second car I’ve tinted the whole front windshield.

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
Not to speak for OP but I have some friends (my age... "old" :smile_big:) and have their front door windows darker than legal or legally dark(er) by medical exemption and have shared w/me that they at times have had to roll down their windows to see better at night

1 - 16 of 16 Posts