2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0t
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was just curious as to whether anyone has tried the PTR Flex Fuel Kit. It's appears to be similar to PRL as far as functionality and installation. I'm just wondering if its worth saving the $100+. Link below for any who are interested.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
550 Posts
Nice Price!!

I was holding off on Flex Fuel because of 1. fuel line deterioration issues and 2. adding more power to an already overloaded system/car. The other week, however, I saw that E85 was just a little bit over half price of 91 and I started thinking that a kit could pay for itself in X amount of time... haha. I am also seeing fuel line upgrades (ETFE/PTFE) and I would probably want to swap out all the OEM rubber fuel lines for the teflon (anybody sell a kit for that?) - also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the OEM fuel pump internals may not be E85 friendly/compatible?

Anyway, still tempting!

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0t
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update for anyone interested:

I went ahead and bought the PTR Flex Fuel Kit. It has been amazing. It even shares the exact same installation process as the PRL version. I went with the upgraded fuel line as well.

As expected there was a massive performance improvement even with a simple Ktuner OTS Tune. I'm now currently etuning with D-Rob @ IMW. I would also add that their customer service was top notch. I highly recommend saving the $100+ and go PTR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts