2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Flex Fuel Kits

1875 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  DiZ
Hey everyone,

I was just curious as to whether anyone has tried the PTR Flex Fuel Kit. It's appears to be similar to PRL as far as functionality and installation. I'm just wondering if its worth saving the $100+. Link below for any who are interested.

Reactions: 1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Nice Price!!

I was holding off on Flex Fuel because of 1. fuel line deterioration issues and 2. adding more power to an already overloaded system/car. The other week, however, I saw that E85 was just a little bit over half price of 91 and I started thinking that a kit could pay for itself in X amount of time... haha. I am also seeing fuel line upgrades (ETFE/PTFE) and I would probably want to swap out all the OEM rubber fuel lines for the teflon (anybody sell a kit for that?) - also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the OEM fuel pump internals may not be E85 friendly/compatible?

Anyway, still tempting!
PRL now sells PTFE fuel line kit: 2018+ Honda Accord 2.0T PTFE Flex Fuel Line Kit - PRL Motorsports
PRL flex fuel is rated up to E40, but i do not recommend going past 34% as you'll be further stressing the fuel pump and losing power.
OP, i'd go with reputable brands. this car is a b* to mod so i wouldn't cheap out on parts.
Just an update for anyone interested:

I went ahead and bought the PTR Flex Fuel Kit. It has been amazing. It even shares the exact same installation process as the PRL version. I went with the upgraded fuel line as well.

As expected there was a massive performance improvement even with a simple Ktuner OTS Tune. I'm now currently etuning with D-Rob @ IMW. I would also add that their customer service was top notch. I highly recommend saving the $100+ and go PTR.
Is ptr flex fuel kit compatible with ktuner? Prl kit is currently not available and ptr kit is on special fo 425 with fuel line upgrades
It's definitely compatible.
Ran pretty good playing poker last night so I put in an order for a PTR kit... :D
About time! You won't be sorry.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.