2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 24k mikes right now on a 2019 touring and I can say the paint on the front bumper and hood is absolutely awful. Already had paint on the lower front bumper under the fog light start to peel off. Car was fully detailed and ceramic coated right after purchase. Never had a issue with any new car like this before. The bumper looks like it has the acne of a preteen fry guy. And the hood is covered in chips. I drive mostly highway. Super disappointed that I’m going to have to get a new bumper and the hood repainted soon. Just looks awful. These Honda paint jobs get worse every year.

· Administrator
2,881 Posts
Haven't had an issue w/paint peeling but I can say that IMO the paint seems to chip really easy. I can see some chips in my lower spoiler from road debris. Not very big and probably would not be noticeable unless I pointed them out... none the less they are there. 😕

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,066 Posts
I have 24k mikes right now on a 2019 touring and I can say the paint on the front bumper and hood is absolutely awful. Already had paint on the lower front bumper under the fog light start to peel off. Car was fully detailed and ceramic coated right after purchase. Never had a issue with any new car like this before. The bumper looks like it has the acne of a preteen fry guy. And the hood is covered in chips. I drive mostly highway. Super disappointed that I’m going to have to get a new bumper and the hood repainted soon. Just looks awful. These Honda paint jobs get worse every year.
I have seen this Happen when the Prep for Ceramic - Protection goes ~ All Wrong ~ !

They may have used wrong Type of Prepping Liguid - instead of Hands on Phyical Prep ..

· Registered
71 Posts
Ceramic coatings are not PPF....

· Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T - M.T.
53 Posts

Would you consider getting this? Do you know anyone with it?

Thanks.

· Administrator
2,881 Posts

Thanks.
Had a front end bra on a car back in the 80's that damaged the paint due to moisture getting under it. Not sure how much technology has advanced but I would be reluctant to use them again. 😟

· Registered
971 Posts
You said it. You drive on the highway. This is normal and why the first thing you should do is always invest in paint protection film when you buy a new car.
No this is not normal. Never have a seen a car with suck soft paint that I can literally mark it with my fingernails like you can on this car. My two Acura in the late 90's never had this problem and never had this problem on any German car. German clear coats are very strong and usually you need polish and pads made for harder paint. Menzerna makes a line specifically for it. They should be ashamed of the paint on this bumper.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks.
that will destroy the paint under it quicker that the paint not covered. check out any old camaro or trans am. alot of people got caught up in that trend and it destroyed their paint. i think the 3m clear wrap is the way to go. i regret not doing it. fool me twice or something like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.