2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cracked my front bumper a couple days ago backing out of a driveway (sounds weird I know), and I‘ll need to replace it. I’m considering going with an aftermarket option since I’m not crazy about the aesthetics of the bumper, but I’m not really finding any options out there. I have a few of questions.

1.Has anyone replaced their front bumper with any a non-factory part? Any tips or insight?

2. One option I was considering was finding a Honda Inspire bumper, but again I’m not really finding anybody that sells them (or any bumper options aside from OEM). Does anyone know where I could get either an Inspire bumper or another bumper option?

3. I know an Inspire bumper would block the Honda Sensing Radar, but the only part of Honda Sensing I ever use is the Lane Keep Assist anyways, so that doesn’t bother me. Not sure if there’s anything else I’m overlooking, but it seems like the Inspire bumper would work otherwise (The car is 99% the same, on the same platform with the same dimensions and sheet metal, and the front is the same from the Honda badge and headlights up). Would there be any issues with using this part or a similar aftermarket part?

4. Obviously the ACC and automatic braking wouldn’t work with the radar blocked, but Lane Keep assist should still work, unless Honda Sensing is programmed to totally shut off if the radar is blocked. Would the LKAS still work?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I cracked my front bumper a couple days ago backing out of a driveway (sounds weird I know), and I‘ll need to replace it. I’m considering going with an aftermarket option since I’m not crazy about the aesthetics of the bumper, but I’m not really finding any options out there. I have a few of questions.

1.Has anyone replaced their front bumper with any a non-factory part? Any tips or insight?

2. One option I was considering was finding a Honda Inspire bumper, but again I’m not really finding anybody that sells them (or any bumper options aside from OEM). Does anyone know where I could get either an Inspire bumper or another bumper option?

3. I know an Inspire bumper would block the Honda Sensing Radar, but the only part of Honda Sensing I ever use is the Lane Keep Assist anyways, so that doesn’t bother me. Not sure if there’s anything else I’m overlooking, but it seems like the Inspire bumper would work otherwise (The car is 99% the same, on the same platform with the same dimensions and sheet metal, and the front is the same from the Honda badge and headlights up). Would there be any issues with using this part or a similar aftermarket part?

4. Obviously the ACC and automatic braking wouldn’t work with the radar blocked, but Lane Keep assist should still work, unless Honda Sensing is programmed to totally shut off if the radar is blocked. Would the LKAS still work?
If you block the Honda Sensing technology you will have multiple errors on your dash every day and all day. You are interfering with a key component of your vehicle by doing that. I would recommend you leave it open to sense as Honda designed it to do unless you would be fine with the issues that will come. What do I know...I'm just some crazy guy with a fast Accord...don't mind me.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you set a dtc for the radar system it will also put your multipurpose camera system in fault as well since they are all tied with driver support system. So no your lane keep assist and lane departure warning won’t still work with the radar blocked off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts