2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2019 2.0T Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’ve looked through all the accord forums and I feel like I’m going crazy cause of this stupid noise. I have a 2019 2.0T/10A Sport with 62k miles. Well on Tuesday the 08/16 I got the car lowered on D2 springs and everything seems fine except this small metal noise I hear on the smallest bumps. It’s coming from the front passenger area and for the life of me I can only get it to happen again on really small bumps. It does not do it on pot holes, speed bumps, train tracks, or over 40mph. I took the wheels off and checked the entire front suspension and everything in between and still can’t find it. Does anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
45 Posts
Hey everyone, I’ve looked through all the accord forums and I feel like I’m going crazy cause of this stupid noise. I have a 2019 2.0T/10A Sport with 62k miles. Well on Tuesday the 08/16 I got the car lowered on D2 springs and everything seems fine except this small metal noise I hear on the smallest bumps. It’s coming from the front passenger area and for the life of me I can only get it to happen again on really small bumps. It does not do it on pot holes, speed bumps, train tracks, or over 40mph. I took the wheels off and checked the entire front suspension and everything in between and still can’t find it. Does anyone have any ideas?
I have a 2019 touring model with D2 lowering springs as well. I too have a very slight rattle on small bumps. If you look up other posts of mine, I believe you will see not only my vehicle, but the posts I made about this issue. Initially, I loved D2 Springs because of the look. I still feel like they give you an amazing stance. The perfect amount of drop, etc. However, I have the same rattle you are referring to. The rattle did get better after D2 sent me a new set of springs for the front. However, it is not gone completely. In my own testing I used a rag, like a dish towel, and wrapped it in and out of the springs from top to bottom. Zip tied it there just so I could do a test drive of a mile or two. Upon this test the rattle went away completely. So, It seems that these springs are so close together when compressed by the weight of the car that occasionally with a bump, you will hear the springs actually tapping against each other. Meaning one coil of the spring taps against the coil above it. since coming to this realization, I have noticed that some manufacturers will actually put a rubber coating around the spring coil near the top and bottom of the spring. I wish D2 had that done to these springs as well. I am willing to bet that it would resolve the issue.

· Registered
2019 2.0T Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2019 touring model with D2 lowering springs as well. I too have a very slight rattle on small bumps. If you look up other posts of mine, I believe you will see not only my vehicle, but the posts I made about this issue. Initially, I loved D2 Springs because of the look. I still feel like they give you an amazing stance. The perfect amount of drop, etc. However, I have the same rattle you are referring to. The rattle did get better after D2 sent me a new set of springs for the front. However, it is not gone completely. In my own testing I used a rag, like a dish towel, and wrapped it in and out of the springs from top to bottom. Zip tied it there just so I could do a test drive of a mile or two. Upon this test the rattle went away completely. So, It seems that these springs are so close together when compressed by the weight of the car that occasionally with a bump, you will hear the springs actually tapping against each other. Meaning one coil of the spring taps against the coil above it. since coming to this realization, I have noticed that some manufacturers will actually put a rubber coating around the spring coil near the top and bottom of the spring. I wish D2 had that done to these springs as well. I am willing to bet that it would resolve the issue.
Yeah I finally gave up. The car drives perfect on back roads and highway so in just leaving it for the time being as I decided after the winter I’m switching to BC Coilovers. The springs are nice but the car is so harsh when it hits the bumps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts