2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my '18 Touring in April, pre-owned with 3600 miles, and from day one the front parking sensors have gone off randomly when I'm stopped at a traffic light. Sometimes it's a very brief one-alarm beep, others it's a 2-3 second three-alarm alert. Has anyone else experienced this? I've seen some random posts on other sites but want to check here. Would this be something for Honda to recalibrate, and would this potentially be under warranty to do?

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
It's a known issue (mine will do it on occasion). To my knowledge there isn't a fix or recalibration to correct this issue. Some seem to believe it can be caused by shadows, electronic interference, etc.. It is mentioned in several places in the owner's manual regarding sensors to make sure you keep them clean and free from debris so you will not get false warnings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had the same issues. I brought my car into the dealer a while back to have them look at it. They couldn't replicate the issue and told me to take some quick videos from when it happens and take it back in to them.

Its pretty annoying. There's really no way to tell what gives the false warnings. Sitting in traffic, it'll just go off like you described. Sitting in the same place, it'll go from no warning, to full red warning (close as possible), to a yellow warning, full warning, nothing, etc.

It seems to mostly happen when the car in front of me has rear parking sensors. My anecdotal thought is that it seems to happen to Fords more often than other manufacturers?

·
Registered
213 Posts
It just happened to me today. I was sitting at a light in the turning lane. I was the lead car in the lane. The nose of my car was ahead of the lead car to my right. There was absolutely nothing close or around the sensors, yet my right parking sensor went off 3 times.

No one has figured out what causes the false alarms. I wonder if a bug or a piece of debris is hovering around the sensor, and thereby setting it off. Who knows?

It's annoy at times, but I'm still thankful for the sensors, especially when parking in my garage and it "yells" at me when I get too close to something.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought I was the only one.

Reactions: austynfieldz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts