2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

Below is some information on an issue I have been having. Any help would be appreciated!!!

CAR: 2018 Accord Touring that was purchased new in Dec 2017 currently with ~3600 miles.

BACKSTORY: ~1000 miles into ownership I began having a problem with the front passenger seat. When the car was in a continuous turn at a normal turning speed, it would subtly shift left or right (depending on the turn). The shift was felt by the passenger in the seat and the noise was audible to anyone in the car. As time progressed the shift and noise became more noticeable. I took it into the dealer to verify the seat was properly attached to the frame, which they confirmed it was. Their solution was to replace the entire passenger seat, which they did. This "fixed" the issue.

NOW: The shift and the noise is starting up again and is getting worse as time progresses. I am at the stage again where I am going to take it into the dealer, which will likely prompt a replacement of the seat or something else. Ultimately I am curious if other people are noticing this issue and if any other fixes have been implemented.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I believe that's the first we've seen about an issue like this. Definitely sounds like it has something to do with how the brackets are mounted to the frame. If you're finding the problem to return after factory replacement, perhaps you should consider some aftermarket seats.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Probably have them take a look at the seat mounting bracket instead of the seat itself since the new seat was just a temporary fix. Don't think you can fix this problem yourself.
Haven't heard of this either, so it could be one of those weird rare occurrences on your end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

I actually took the car to the dealer yesterday afternoon for them to look it over again. They provided me a 2.0T Accord as a loaner. This car has the seat shift as well, though it is more subtle than mine is currently. Considering I am hearing it in this car, I can only assume others will eventually have this issue. I have a passenger in that seat for nearly every mile the car has run, so it is likely becoming more predominant quicker than others based on this fact. Also, I'd like to mention that we are fairly small persons (<180 lbs), so the seat isn't carrying that much weight.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There are quite a few owners on here, and this is the first we've heard of seat shifting. Perhaps you are right and its more noticeable if you are riding with a passenger on a daily basis. Is it more than likely that they are just going to replace the seats again?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are quite a few owners on here, and this is the first we've heard of seat shifting. Perhaps you are right and its more noticeable if you are riding with a passenger on a daily basis. Is it more than likely that they are just going to replace the seats again?
Thanks for the reply.

To be honest, I am not sure. They had it at the dealer all day yesterday and thought that if they could replace the rail it would fix it but they weren't entirely sure. They mentioned they wanted to keep the car a few more days. I will definitely keep this post updated with information as it comes in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couple of items to note.

1. I was mistaken in my statement of what was originally replaced by the dealer for the first "fix". I confirmed with the dealer today that the passenger seat frame was replaced rather than the entire passenger seat.

2. In talking with the dealer this afternoon, they (dealer technician + Honda engineers) decided that they are going to replace the passenger seat frame again.

I will keep posting as information comes in.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We got the car back from the dealer today and they changed what they had planned to replace. They decided to replace the weight sensor in the passenger seat and added foam to a washer that had scratch marks on it as if it was shifting. I didn't get any real detailed information on the items fixed / replaced. Currently the seat isn't shifting or making noise, so all is good now. I am not holding my breath since the last fix ended in the noise and shift returning. Hopefully, you all won't hear from me again and this issue is behind me.

Thank you all for your input!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved and hopefully its the last you see of it! At least other owners will know what to ask for should they experience a similar issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts