2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 19 Accord Sport 2.0T in Still Night Pearl that I've been having some fun with. I did the Hondata Stage 1 and 2 upgrades. I have a Borla S Type exhaust getting installed next week. Installed a PRL intake as well. Not sure If I want to get a down pipe since my buddy who's a mechanic has been telling me mixed things about it.

I'm a beginner with upgrades so I'm having difficulty finding some mods, specifically a front sway bar. I've searched through the bowels of the web and haven't found squat. Am I missing something?

Installed a front lip, and purchased a rear diffuser from Amazon, but that was a piece of crap the the gloss is already chipping so I sent it back.

I sell Honda's in CT and I'm on my 4th Accord. This 10th gen is the best vehicle they have ever built imo. Love seeing some of the work you guys have done on your Accords. Very creative stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Front Sway Bar

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 19 Accord Sport 2.0T in Still Night Pearl that I've been having some fun with. I did the Hondata Stage 1 and 2 upgrades. I have a Borla S Type exhaust getting installed next week. Installed a PRL intake as well. Not sure If I want to get a down pipe since my buddy who's a mechanic has been telling me mixed things about it.

I'm a beginner with upgrades so I'm having difficulty finding some mods, specifically a front sway bar. I've searched through the bowels of the web and haven't found squat. Am I missing something?

Installed a front lip, and purchased a rear diffuser from Amazon, but that was a piece of crap the the gloss is already chipping so I sent it back.

I sell Honda's in CT and I'm on my 4th Accord. This 10th gen is the best vehicle they have ever built imo. Love seeing some of the work you guys have done on your Accords. Very creative stuff.

Eibach needs to get their crap together and release a full kit like they have on almost every other Honda...clowns...:mad:!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eibach needs to get their crap together and release a full kit like they have on almost every other Honda...clowns...:mad:!
I ordered the eibach bar, but I was drunk and didn't realize it was just the rear. So I have it sitting around in my house now. The label on the part said it was for a Civic too, but the part number was correct. Weird. Not sure if I should return it or go ahead with this science experiment.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Drunk Part Ordering

I ordered the eibach bar, but I was drunk and didn't realize it was just the rear. So I have it sitting around in my house now. The label on the part said it was for a Civic too, but the part number was correct. Weird. Not sure if I should return it or go ahead with this science experiment.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nick you are in luck. Adding a stiffer sway bar to the front will only increase the understeer possibly slowing your cornering speed. A stiffer rear bar will actually reduce the understeer giving a more balanced feel. A word of caution however. Too much roll stiffness in the rear of a front drive can lead to twitchy handing, as in snap oversteer. Check with Eibach to see if they recommend this rear bar without changing the front one as well. You don’t want the rear to pass the front of your Accord at 75 mph, but you may have gotten it right as is. Lots of guys add some stiffness to the rear of their front drive car to increase aggressiveness to the handling without going too far. There should always be some understeer in your car. I have added stiffer rear bars only on a couple of GTI’s in the past. It helped a lot. My Accord May be next.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Haa - Yep

The Rear - Generally will allow more Flatness to the Vehicle , but some Ride Quality will suffer .. to much and Your outside wheel in Front doesn't Bite as Much .. Then If You pass that

Point then getting Abrupt Overseer .

I always go with the Front First on Most Vehicles or Matched complete set up .. is Best ..

Better Tires for Sure , I just had the back end side over & out about 7 inches - coming over a quick Rise , ( Getting Light ) so Chassis needed Fast Input - to - Follow Course .
Followed By even - Quicker Counter steer as Rear was Stepping out - Rear Got Light in such ~ "Tight Decreasing Radius Curve in Combination with Quick Rise " ( Then Fall Away )
" Counter Steer to Keep it on the Road " it was Two 25Mph Banked with that Ribbon Twist @ Apex between the Two - doing like 50-52Mph . .

Battery Installed in Rear would be Better for that Action , Certainly Improved Tires . ( Wider Stance Helps ) 4-5mm in wider Stance Helps ( Cold Tire Pressure was 33.5 Rears )
so Heat of the Day and 60 Miles of this - Type of Road ~ Rears were most likely up to 39 Psi . . Frt. 41 Psi

·
Registered
903 Posts
On Tune - How did Like the Traction Control ?

Hi all,

Hows the Traction Control Function - Check Box - did You do a Test - HonData says it's Seamless ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Forget the front; get a bigger REAR sway bar

I installed a Progress Rear Sway Bar (.875"/22.2mm). There is NO "twitchy handling," and "ride quality" does NOT suffer. It corners flatter and understeer is reduced, and I'd say this is the way it should have come from the factory. Coupon Code: 20BUCKS for $20 off. (Not sure if this still works.)
https://www.progressauto.com/products/sfID1/12/sfID2/34/sfID3/90/productID/864

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forget the front; get a bigger REAR sway bar

I installed a Progress Rear Sway Bar (.875"/22.2mm). There is NO "twitchy handling," and "ride quality" does NOT suffer. It corners flatter and understeer is reduced, and I'd say this is the way it should have come from the factory. Coupon Code: 20BUCKS for $20 off. (Not sure if this still works.)
https://www.progressauto.com/products/sfID1/12/sfID2/34/sfID3/90/productID/864
That product causes cancer and birth defects in the state of California.

You trying to kill me bro? Lol...

On a more serious note, how does that RSB differ from the Eibach I got?

·
Registered
18 Posts
On a more serious note, how does that RSB differ from the Eibach I got?
It was probably half the price? ;)

I’d imagine most of the bars are hollow, so I can’t see a big difference unless the sizes vary.

A RSB is the only suspension plan I have for my sport. I like the wheel design and it doesn’t have much wheel gap to me. Plus I drive in philly a lot...which just eats softer/lightweight wheels. The OEMs are heavy, but they’re also damn durable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's a nice sway bar listing on the CivicX Type R forum.

Since they are interchangeable, I believe you can use any of these on the Accord too. I would be cautious, however, of anything larger than 22mm unless you live in the desert (no precipitation or cold weather) or have other supporting mods which balance this out. It's fairly easy to swap ends in bad weather with a large RSB on an otherwise stock suspension.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There's a nice sway bar listing on the CivicX Type R forum.

Since they are interchangeable, I believe you can use any of these on the Accord too. I would be cautious, however, of anything larger than 22mm unless you live in the desert (no precipitation or cold weather) or have other supporting mods which balance this out. It's fairly easy to swap ends in bad weather with a large RSB on an otherwise stock suspension.
Can you please confirm this before we drop serious cash for no reason? Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I should have clarified, the rear sway bars are the same. IDK about the fronts.

Proof, Progress Auto lists the 16+ Civic and 18+ Accord on their rear sway bar.

Roger that sir. When Eibach puts out their kit or Whiteline releases a set then I shall be happy. Thank you for the solid intel too...:)!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not a big fan of big front bars on open diff, high hp/tq cars. They simply add a lot of wheelspin (on corner exit) and are usually really difficult to install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all,

Why would you want to change the front sway bar? It's the rear sway bar that needs to be changed. Eibach doesn't make one for the front because it isn't needed. I recommend using the softer setting on the Eibach. It makes the car feel so tight, you will be amazed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why would you want to change the front sway bar? It's the rear sway bar that needs to be changed. Eibach doesn't make one for the front because it isn't needed. I recommend using the softer setting on the Eibach. It makes the car feel so tight, you will be amazed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts