2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
First I've seen of that recall. Interesting "Recall Date 11/03/21" since it's only 3/15/21 today. :unsure: Did that show up in your HondaLink app or did you receive it some other way?

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
HondaLink app ... this is the second recall, kinda annoying 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ok. I remember you were the first to get/see the BCM recall too... only odd thing is the date but will wait to see if it shows up on my app. Think this would make the third recall for my car since owning it... other than having to make a trip to the dealer they aren't that big of a PITA for me. Unless they are time sensitive/safety related I usually try to have them done w/some other service. Will be interesting to see what is involved w/this recall... will it require a new fuel tank?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I remember you were the first to get/see the BCM recall too... only odd thing is the date but will wait to see if it shows up on my app. Think this would make the third recall for my car since owning it... other than having to make a trip to the dealer they aren't that big of a PITA for me. Unless they are time sensitive/safety related I usually try to have them done w/some other service. Will be interesting to see what is involved w/this recall... will it require a new fuel tank?
This will be my second in the year I’ve had the car LOL - also I guess I will contact my Honda and see what’s happening ..I’m in Canada so maybe it might be our models ?

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
This was posted by zroger over at DA...
Looks like I'm safe from this recall since mine is a '18.

Reading that bulletin it states "During the manufacturing of certain fuel tanks, a protective layer was not properly applied. An improperly manufactured fuel tank may cause the release of evaporative emission air pollutants at levels that exceed state and federal standards."... wonder if this means they are going to replace the fuel tank (which isn't cheap) or dealerships will be applying a "protective layer". I would be a little less apprehensive if the protective layer is exterior of the tank and the dealership applies it versus the dealership applying a protective layer inside the tank.

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Looks like it’s a non-American date scheme. Lots of other places do DD/MM/YY...... from smallest to largest units. That would correspond to a few days ago.
That's exactly what it is. (y) @Daniel776 was the first to post about the BCM Recall on December 11, 2020 with the below attachment...
Didn't pay much attention to it at the time because that date sequence didn't appear to be in the future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like I'm safe from this recall since mine is a '18.

Reading that bulletin it states "During the manufacturing of certain fuel tanks, a protective layer was not properly applied. An improperly manufactured fuel tank may cause the release of evaporative emission air pollutants at levels that exceed state and federal standards."... wonder if this means they are going to replace the fuel tank (which isn't cheap) or dealerships will be applying a "protective layer". I would be a little less apprehensive if the protective layer is exterior of the tank and the dealership applies it versus the dealership applying a protective layer inside the tank.
so my Honda called me. They are replacing the whole tank. Apparently it’s about a 6 hour job and it’s booked. I will let you guys know once I do it and will share any info I get.

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
so my Honda called me. They are replacing the whole tank. Apparently it’s about a 6 hour job and it’s booked. I will let you guys know once I do it and will share any info I get.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like this layer is internal the reason for a new tank... not a cheap or fast remove/replace job. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So here’s the work order. It took like 3 hours. Make sure your tank is half empty, the first time I went they didn’t tell me that, so I showed up with my gas thank a little more than halfway full and go turned back.
Also make sure you are close to a gas station. My range went from 50km to 25 to 0 in like 7 mins so watch out, I had to call Honda plus lol

anyway there it Is

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm at the dealer I bought my 2020 2.0 Touring at in 2019. Got an email notice last week. Took them a few days to get a tank and they are doing the service as I speak. They thought it would take two and a half to three hours to do it.
Got my car back; they had a little trouble (not sure what, but gasoline odor in cabin). They got it at 10:30 am today and gave it back to me at 6 pm. Seven and a half hours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had this recall done to my 2020 Hybrid EX-L. Got it back with a strong fuel odor in the cabin. Especially strong in the back seat area and under the floor lid in the trunk. Turns out the tech spilled fuel when removing the fuel pump -- the surrounding insulator was soaked with fuel. Rolled down the windows overnight -- still smelling bad. The dealership removed the insulator and had it cleaned professionally, now it smells like cleaning solvent. Service dealer will now replace the insulator.

After this recall, if you smell fuel inside the cabin, be sure to take it back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.