2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm in the process of doing a full sound system install in my 2018 touring 2.0t and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the depth for the front door speakers are.

I have the subs, amps, and processor already purchased; I haven’t bought the speakers yet as I’m not sure if they would fit in the factory location.

https://imgur.com/a/ata7q0S

speakers: Focal PS165FX
Door amp: Rockford T400x4ad
Sub amp: Rockford T750x1bd (two of them)
Processor: Rockford DSR1
Sub's: Sundown Audio SA10 (two of them)

·
Registered
48 Posts
sorry;I replaced my front with Focal ISS165 and they fit with no issues, if that helps. Also, I've been curious on installing an Amp for more power to the fronts and rears, can you take pictures/notes on the Amp install especially how you interface it with the head unit? I have more questions once your done LOL. Also, what Accord trim do you have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The DSR1 should let me connect to the head unit and get all my preamp connections. the install is still a few months out for now as im still in the process of buying the speakers and they're $650 a pair. i have the touring 2.0t

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what I have seen with others replacing speakers in the front doors in your model, (and my same model) most after market speakers are well within the depth of the original speakers. I bought Infinity speakers for my doors and they are fine. Have not installed yet, they just arrived. But the measurement of the Infinity speakers I purchased from Crutchfield for my front doors were were about 45mm deep. There was another poster who put in some very expensive speakers in the doors and they were 80mm deep and no problem installing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any one know what OHMs the factory speakers are? Are they 4 or 2, looking to replace them with better aftermarket ones just not sure on the ohms. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am replacing front door speakers with Infinity Ref 6532ex. Cructhfield specs and write up for replacement for factory spks. in my trim, Honda Accord Touring.

This is what it says for this speaker:

True Four Ohm Impedance technology
  • speaker's 3-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load
  • compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I have seen with others replacing speakers in the front doors in your model, (and my same model) most after market speakers are well within the depth of the original speakers. I bought Infinity speakers for my doors and they are fine. Have not installed yet, they just arrived. But the measurement of the Infinity speakers I purchased from Crutchfield for my front doors were were about 45mm deep. There was another poster who put in some very expensive speakers in the doors and they were 80mm deep and no problem installing.
Awesome, the speakers im putting in are 77mm deep so they should work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow Touring / ESL Owners,

I have just dicovered and I don't have verification, that the signal coming from the factory head unit has a propiatary signal for each speaker going to the amp, then out to each speaker It would seem to me that it would be extremely difficult to add better speakers as you would need more power to drive them and there is no aftermarket amp that supports the factory head unit. I understand that you can't add an additional amp fed from the on board one as you will get ampified distortion.

Thoughts, comments?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hello fellow Touring / ESL Owners,

I have just dicovered and I don't have verification, that the signal coming from the factory head unit has a propiatary signal for each speaker going to the amp, then out to each speaker It would seem to me that it would be extremely difficult to add better speakers as you would need more power to drive them and there is no aftermarket amp that supports the factory head unit. I understand that you can't add an additional amp fed from the on board one as you will get ampified distortion.

Thoughts, comments?
That's what I was planning on using The Rockford Fosgates DSR1 for

[ame="https://youtu.be/39lRIuH4cRM?t=288"][ame]https://youtu.be/39lRIuH4cRM?t=288][/ame]

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
It sounds like an interesting but expensive project. I'm just a plain factory radio guy with about 50/50 FM and talk radio. I can't see fancier/nicer systems in the car with all the other noise pollution cars are subject to as they operate. I like following what others are doing though as it's still interesting. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What PlasmaGel said....

The DSR1 is what you'll need. I installed mine behind and under the front center console compartment. Crutchfield will provide detailed instructions, which I posted somewhere in this forum. Since the DSR1 cannot be easily accessed, I connected a USB cable to it and placed it in a convenient location in case they release any updates for it. The DSR1 has to be connected to a laptop for updates.

Replacing the rear deck speakers was a big job, probably the most time consuming part. While I had that area open, I put as much dynamat back there as I could.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What PlasmaGel said....

The DSR1 is what you'll need. I installed mine behind and under the front center console compartment. Crutchfield will provide detailed instructions, which I posted somewhere in this forum. Since the DSR1 cannot be easily accessed, I connected a USB cable to it and placed it in a convenient location in case they release any updates for it. The DSR1 has to be connected to a laptop for updates.

Replacing the rear deck speakers was a big job, probably the most time consuming part. While I had that area open, I put as much dynamat back there as I could.
You guys using the DSr1 on the touring models have any issues? The audio shop I went too said my ONLY option to get audio to my amps was with a metra DSP (AXDSPX-HN3), which as been a total nightmare. I've had to warranty replace it once and just recently it shot my 4 channel amp.... All I did was adjust the fade settings lol. :( Anyone else have better luck?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Incorrect. Many people on here running all different types of dsp, jl, lc1, ect. I'm going to go with kicker 47 keyloc soon probably. Take a look at the audio forum many posts there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Incorrect. Many people on here running all different types of dsp, jl, lc1, ect. I'm going to go with kicker 47 keyloc soon probably. Take a look at the audio forum many posts there.
Yes...But are they all installing these diff products in a touring model w/ premium sound? I see most of them are sport models, less of a headache. Looks like were just going to tap into wiring AFTER the oem amp and ignore adding any more complexity. LC2i & LC8i than to my amps.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes...But are they all installing these diff products in a touring model w/ premium sound? I see most of them are sport models, less of a headache. Looks like were just going to tap into wiring AFTER the oem amp and ignore adding any more complexity. LC2i & LC8i than to my amps.
Post number 7 shows the harness metra uses for their dsp that can be bought separately. I believe that harness is for the 10 speaker system. If you scroll through the rest of that thread there are numerous different installs using that harness in various forms/models. People just cut or dont use the lines they dont need. I know there are other threads about this but cant seem to find them in my bookmarks and have read so many threads about this lately.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Post number 7 shows the harness metra uses for their dsp that can be bought separately. I believe that harness is for the 10 speaker system. If you scroll through the rest of that thread there are numerous different installs using that harness in various forms/models. People just cut or dont use the lines they dont need. I know there are other threads about this but cant seem to find them in my bookmarks and have read so many threads about this lately.

I ended up having a 2nd headunit installed. Still not done but it works perfectly now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts