2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I joined so I can be sure this is the car for me. I like hearing about owners experiences as well as what they like and don't like.

I test drove a 2.0 just for fun a few weeks ago and I loved it! When it first came out I thought the design was meh, then I was pressured into hating it by all the people who think it's ugly (where??). Now it's really grown on me, and since driving it I discovered it has everything I look for in a car without too many extra useless features.

I plan on leasing a Sport 2.0 Still Night Pearl in 2020 when I pay off my current car. I wish Honda had more incentives to lease though. I'm hoping I can negotiate the price down because of the lower demand for the 2.0 and the lower sales of the accord in general with this generation. If anyone has tips that would be awesome.

I also heard speculation that Honda would be reworking the design early a bit because of the negative response (like they did with the civic a few gens back). I would be on board with that if it is true, as long as they don't change too much and/or make it a more safe (I.E. boring) design. Thoughts?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hunter. And with any redesign there are always going to be those who prefer the old look, but the true value of the Accord is in the overall package. I highly doubt that we will see a significant refresh anytime soon, but there will be hopefully be aftermarket options so people can tweak to their liking.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like the styling of the Accord or I wouldn't have purchased it. I honestly couldn't care less about someone else's opinion on the styling...You buy what you like. I've never leased a vehicle before, but I'm sure you can negotiate the pricing. On a 2018 Accord 2.0T Sport with the 10spd auto (MSRP: $31,205.00), I purchased the vehicle for $4K off minus TTL. I'm sure there was still a little meat on the bone to negotiate, but in the end it was a fair deal.

Reactions: 2veloce

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely LOVE the design, and I agree that if you love the car, who cares what anyone thinks!

I hope I will be able to afford this car. If not I'll probably go for the Civic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts