2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in knowing if any forum members are finding gas in their oil. I expect some have heard about the large recall of Hondas in China with 1.5L turbo engines - supposedly the same engine as the Accord. How about anyone with a 2.0L engine?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Guys in Colder - Climates should just Add some Marvel Mystery Oil to the Fuel - say 3-4 Oz to Full Tank . .
This should do a few Things , Lubes the Injectors in Cold so they Act Faster .
The Slight Oil - Help Maintain Oil Film on Cly. Wall for that Split Sec.

Better Mpg in Cold Weather .. We Used it all the Time even in the Oil Pan when Temps Drop to Zero or - Minus anything . .

We have only 1 Guy that stated His Oil Pan seemed to be Full of 6 quarts at Time of Changing Oil , but We Believe He made a Technical Error .
Certainly If He had 1/2 Quart of Gas in the Oil He's Smart would have Caught That ! ( Smell Alone )

I Believe China's Fuel is Lousy - Most Likely - Also Most People don't Under Stand , If It's Cold Winter and You Add a Water Remover Or Fuel Dryer -
such as Dry Gas to any Fuel that is E10 or the Newer E15 -
It will Drop 2.5-3 Octanes as Dryer also Takes Out Pure Ethanol fuel which Holds Higher Octane Number . . . . so 87 Octane E10 Becomes Octane 84 .
Lower Octane like that Most Likely causes a Lot Issues - Plus Poor Expansion of the Piston Rings to Keep Proper Tension on Cly. Walls . . Not Enough Heat or Pressure . .
Then there is Pre _ Detonation . .

·
Registered
849 Posts
PS: I didn't want to make it sound Like Marvel is the Best Solution , but it certainly Helps in Deep Cold . .
There are other Products that Might be Better in all Aspects with E10 & E15 Coming to Us sooner then We think ..

Looking at Several Studies on Newer Designed & Clean Motors - just Using Greatest Cleanest Fuel & Especially Proper Oil - which has Better High Temp Holding Power , what
I Mean by that
Is that Oil You Use has Low : TEOST test, Low Values in the NOACK Volatility Test are of particular Benefit in Modern, hot-running engines.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It looks like it is only in the cvt models. From what I understand they cant get enough heat in the engine due to low rpms and excessive idling.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Good to Hear : Buick Guy

Another Item I like to Mention , while Using E10 or E15 - in some States or ( Countries ) they have : Dial - A - Grade Fuel Pumps , Where You make You Own Choice .
This May sound like easy Item , but Amount of E Mixed into Fuel ( Might ( Not Be ) What You Actually Get !

Here's the Case : Customer A Buys E85 for His Flex Fuel Rated Truck , You Stop at same Pump after He just Leaves - Customer B , Well You select E10 - There will be anywhere from 2 Gallons to 4 Gallons
Of E85 still in Pipes and Pump , and Lets say Your in Hurry or Only Topping Off - You Buy just 5-8 Gallon of E10 - Boom - You just put E50 In Vehicle NOT Rated for It and
The Tank Full Changes to E15-E20 Many , Many Vehicles are Not Rated for This - Will get some Damages or Ruining of the Oil do to Improper Burning Vehicles Computer just can't make the Leap also Gaskets in Cars Fuel Pump etc. an
Injectors could be Damaged .

·
Registered
148 Posts
There is info that Honda is coming out with a fix for this problem that is reported on CRV's mostly. They are selling a lot of those so it has their attention. No details on what the fix is - it might well be a Honda branded version of the mystery oil...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Has there Been Up Dates ?

ANYONE Effected - by - Gas in the Oil Issue ? ( Not Enough Heat ) some Say , so I was doing some Looking Into - why - 2.0T to Me anyway runs so
Hot in Southern States . I come across this Little ( Inlet Coolant Line ) into Turbo - I was like WTH as it's Larger on the 1.5T and many Touch Larger on the 1.5T - R
See Pic of 2.0T Coolant Line ~:(

Just some News :

Oil Industry is Bring it Faster : https://youtu.be/Jm2-YoS11oo

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I dont know about gas but just took my car in for the routine rotation and oil change (still at 40% after nearly 6k) and was told i had a major oil leak that needed addressing ASAP. So theyre keeping it over night.

Im in Montana, so I wonder if this is "the fix" thats supposed to remedy the problems 1.5T owners are having? They didnt disclose anything yet but i will get all the info tomorrow

Current mileage: 10464

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hope You had Good Luck

I dont know about gas but just took my car in for the routine rotation and oil change (still at 40% after nearly 6k) and was told i had a major oil leak that needed addressing ASAP. So theyre keeping it over night.

Im in Montana, so I wonder if this is "the fix" thats supposed to remedy the problems 1.5T owners are having? They didnt disclose anything yet but i will get all the info tomorrow

Current mileage: 10464

Hope You had Good Luck - Solving - You Oil Issue , It's Interesting that lot of Complaints about Cold Conditions being part of Issue , as to Summer Temps in South
Causing some Very High Operating Temps in South - I have to find more Temperature Info on the Std. Stat - I did see - "Fan Buddy" which Supposedly Turns Fan on Sooner.
Fan Sensor - Replacement . ( Maybe they'll have one for Leaving it Off 8-10 Degree Later ) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am interested in knowing if any forum members are finding gas in their oil. I expect some have heard about the large recall of Hondas in China with 1.5L turbo engines - supposedly the same engine as the Accord. How about anyone with a 2.0L engine?
Hi there, I have bought a 2019 sport 2.0T, driven for about 300 miles mostly city 5 miles trips to work mainly with some freeway as well, checked the deep stick oil level is at high mark, but there is a strong gas smell with the oil. My other car is a 2017 CRV none turbo and I have no problem with that one.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sorry ~ Late Reply ~
Arm Sport 2.0T
I did see this as I have been very Busy Finishing up a Building and Just got back for the Tail of Dragon ~
I'd do some Mountain Driving to break it in Better . . Keep and Eye on it every 100 miles My Accord took 6000 miles before it stopped using Oil
and I did Drive it in Mountains on several Longer 400-690 miles so , shifting gears many times always Changing RPM & Load - Not Loading to Heavy or to Hard . .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have new Accord Sport 1.5, only put180 miles on it. check oil when I brought the car and it was in the middle of dip stick....check it today its at the top of stick and smells of gas....checked it 3 times in a row same smell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry ~ Late Reply ~
Arm Sport 2.0T
I did see this as I have been very Busy Finishing up a Building and Just got back for the Tail of Dragon ~
I'd do some Mountain Driving to break it in Better . . Keep and Eye on it every 100 miles My Accord took 6000 miles before it stopped using Oil
and I did Drive it in Mountains on several Longer 400-690 miles so , shifting gears many times always Changing RPM & Load - Not Loading to Heavy or to Hard . .
Thanks for the reply, i am experiencing something new with this car, for the last week or so when i drive it normally keeping RPM under 3k in normal mode {not sport, econ} after driving for 10 to 15 miles start hearing some sort of soft knocking from the engine area, it could be turbo heating up or the moving components of engine all due to oil loosing its viscosity, letting it cool off and drive the noise dissapear, just ordered a test kit from Blackstone labs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The oil dilution problem affects all 1.5t equipped vehicles, but it most likely only affecting vehicles in colder states. (think the rust belt) There are repairs available for the oil dilution issue. However, a slight smell of gasoline in the oil is normal on the direct injected engines. (both the 1.5t and the 2.0t in this case are DI). I would only be concerned about fuel in the oil when it affects vehicle driveability. E.G. missfires, rough idle, or rich dtc's being set.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts