2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The center console could have been better. Doesn’t open up all the way, putting your part in an awkward position to get things out of it unless your using your left arm. And why couldn’t we get a light in the glove box ? Honda definitely missed on a few things...
Would it have killed them to put in a memory seating button ... I have the sport model. Not sure if the higher trims offer it. Heated seating is of no use to me. But I would have loved cooled seating. I came from an edge that had it. AMAZING ! Leather option in the sport trim would have been nice. The half / half seats are fine. Wish the seat was another 1 or 2 inches wider. Would be a bit more comfortable. Not much but, I thought Honda would have stepped up their game just a bit on the “bells and whistles” I definitely down graded when we’re talking about that coming from the edge. But I love being back in a manual. So I’ll deal.

·
Super Moderator
1,546 Posts
The center console could have been better. Doesn’t open up all the way, putting your part in an awkward position to get things out of it unless your using your left arm. And why couldn’t we get a light in the glove box ? Honda definitely missed on a few things...
Would it have killed them to put in a memory seating button ... I have the sport model. Not sure if the higher trims offer it. Heated seating is of no use to me. But I would have loved cooled seating. I came from an edge that had it. AMAZING ! Leather option in the sport trim would have been nice. The half / half seats are fine. Wish the seat was another 1 or 2 inches wider. Would be a bit more comfortable. Not much but, I thought Honda would have stepped up their game just a bit on the “bells and whistles” I definitely down graded when we’re talking about that coming from the edge. But I love being back in a manual. So I’ll deal.
Those options were included in the "Touring" model.

·
Super Moderator
1,546 Posts
Oh... and regarding the center console... I agree.. it's a PITA!!! Would have been a lot nicer/better IMO if the hinge would have been on/towards the passenger seat vs the rear as it is located now. This would have allowed easier/better access for/to the driver.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree a light in the rear center console would have been nice but I've never had a car with one. I was surprised to not see a light in the glove box. In general the whole center console seems to have been an afterthought versus something intently designed. I have the 10-speed and it's a big **** console to yield only two cup holders for utility. The front bit of the console is great - in there where the wireless charger is, behind the "door"; from there rearwards though, not so much. Like @Fired00d said, pretty much the options you are missing are all on my Touring - 2x seat memory, ventilated front seats, leather, etc. As far as the driver seat goes, I have a bad back - disabled vet - and it's the most comfortable car seat I have ever called my own and I am grateful for it!

·
Registered
194 Posts
It seems that the OP didn't compare trim levels before buying. Not all Accords are equal. Even the 2.0 Sport has features different than the 1.5 Sport.

Honda offered plenty of "bells and whistles". If he wanted them, then he should have gone for a higher trim level.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those options were included in the "Touring" model.
Booooo lol. I liked the look of the sport better though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems that the OP didn't compare trim levels before buying. Not all Accords are equal. Even the 2.0 Sport has features different than the 1.5 Sport.

Honda offered plenty of "bells and whistles". If he wanted them, then he should have gone for a higher trim level.
I did compare. I didn’t like the way the touring looked on the outside. I liked the sport better. That’s why I’m the original post I said that I could deal. I just miss those options.

·
Super Moderator
1,546 Posts
Booooo lol. I liked the look of the sport better though.
No worries... there are things on the "sport" that I liked that the "touring" didn't have... all comes down to what you like the most and what you can do w/o the most. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree a light in the rear center console would have been nice but I've never had a car with one. I was surprised to not see a light in the glove box. In general the whole center console seems to have been an afterthought versus something intently designed. I have the 10-speed and it's a big **** console to yield only two cup holders for utility. The front bit of the console is great - in there where the wireless charger is, behind the "door"; from there rearwards though, not so much. Like @Fired00d said, pretty much the options you are missing are all on my Touring - 2x seat memory, ventilated front seats, leather, etc. As far as the driver seat goes, I have a bad back - disabled vet - and it's the most comfortable car seat I have ever called my own and I am grateful for it!
Hi , I’m an Aussie Vet , living in NH, love the car but I have to say the drivers seat is killing my lower and middle back . I have tried every setting, have now gone to a soft cushion ,seems better , I contacted my Honda Dealer today checking on options to soften seat . They will speak to Honda or the other option is to a custom shop to see what the options are .

2018 Accord Touring 2.0 T

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was surprised Honda quit putting glove box lights in their cars. I miss the sliding console pad my wife's CRV has but I did buy this little diddy and like it quite well.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I kindly want to clarify a few things for future readers here:

The Touring trim (and maybe the EX-L?) has a memory driver's seat and leather seats.
The front seats have heating and ventilation on the Touring model and rear heating as well.

There doesn't appear to be a glove box light in any trim.
There is a light in the pocket under the climate controls. (Maybe for all trims?)
There is a light in the armrest compartment for the 2.0T 10-speed AT Touring. (Maybe others as well)

I believe the general idea of the Sport model of any car is to strip out the stuff that weighs it down for a lighter, more agile car. seat motors, leather, etc. all add weight. (Probably less than 1-2% of the total weight in reality.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts