2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Sport 2.0T Manual. I accidentally went over redline in first gear and the car drastically cut power, I mean it got my attention. I'm assuming this is to protect the engine?
:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
More than likely if it's running alright after this incident then it was built in over revving protection... my guess is Honda has incorporated a fuel shut off when the vehicle passes redline to protect the motor. JMHO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes they have some sort of rev protection

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Probably not a problem but be careful to avoid it as much as possible. I don't know the shift pattern on them but it can happen when trying to quick shift 2-3 and missing and getting back into 1st. In that particular instance usually another car and/or a girl are involved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Probably not a problem but be careful to avoid it as much as possible. I don't know the shift pattern on them but it can happen when trying to quick shift 2-3 and missing and getting back into 1st. In that particular instance usually another car and/or a girl are involved.
Money shifted my 01 GTI VR6. If the car had slicks it would have done an endo.

Took it to dealer and thankfully a head tech was outside. He knew exactly what I did. He asked me if that’s what really happened and I shamefully said exactly. I took my car their for all service and was honest so he kept quiet and the car was fixed under warranty.

Yes, another car was involved. Acura 3.2 RL or whatever they were called. I never see them any more around here in Philly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts