2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 2015 Mercedes C300 that I bought new in 2015. It replaced another 2015 that fell under the lemon law, and the new car came with an extended warranty that they threw in. Well, after four years of endless issues ... some minor and some serious ... I finally gave up. Two weeks ago the car had its instrument cluster replaced and tie rod ends replaced. On Monday I drove over to my local Honda dealer and drove away with a new 2019 Honda Accord EX-L with the 2.0 turbo and ten speed transmission. Color is Champagne Frost Pearl, and it is a sharp looking car.

I test drove a new Camry before buying the Accord ... and thought the Accord was quieter, had a roomier interior, had better feeling steering, and handled better. The Camry felt okay, but the Accord felt really planted. Only 100 miles on it so far, so too early to really do any in-depth road report.

My only complaint so far concerns the owners' manual. Pretty basic, with some of the worst illustrations I've ever seen in this type of manual. The index is very poorly done, and some of the explanations are barely adequate. I guess that's what the internet is for, which I've used more than the manual for information.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. Unless something has changed since last year the book I received was the "Owner's Guide"... a very brief description of functions of the car. You can go here and download the full "Owner's Manual" (along w/other manuals not supplied w/purchase) in pdf format. Having them in pdf is really nice when you want to search for a specific topic, also you can load them onto your phone/tablet and have it available at all times for quick/easy reference. One other thing while you are on the page linked above scroll down to the "Need A Printed Copy?" section and there is information there were you can order printed copies of all the manuals within six months of ownership to original owner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Downloaded and reading now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thank you! Downloaded and reading now.
I ordered the free printed version. Much easier for me. I’m too old to access info quickly. I don’t have to wait for a specific topic to download. My 2018 version is 716 pages and very thorough. Enjoy your Honda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts