2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a wanted to buy ad. Guy had the downpipe and sent me specific pictures that I asked for. I stupidly sent him the money and yeah he isn’t emailing me back. If you’re buying parts from someone on here be careful. His name email didn’t match his zelle account info that I sent the money to that should’ve been my first hint that I was getting scammed. Pretty sure I’m screwed out of the 250$ I sent him.

just wanted to share this to raise awareness that there’s a pos scammer on here. Pretty sure I can’t get my money back. If you’re buying something from someone on here message me and I’ll tell you if it’s him or not.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
331 Posts
Is the guy a member here or on DA? Is there a rule that says you can't tell us his info? Just wondering...

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
269 Posts
I think scammers should be able to be openly named and blasted on the site. Idk the rules but everybody should be made aware of scammers. Thankfully I've never been burned all my years of buying off of forums. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Dispute the charge with your bank and see if they can help you out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just figured he’s using a burner email and a burner account to collect the money so if I put his names that he used out there then he will just change them and scam someone else. If you guys think it would help I have no issue posting his email name then his zelle account name and info.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm all in for flaming scammers but thats just me lol or at least exposing them even if it is a burner. At least some sort of info is out there and everybody can stay vigilant.

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
Sorry for your bad luck. Unfortunately this is a trend I've noticed on another forum I belong too. Member will post an item they want to buy and a member will contact them (most times the member that is contacting you hasn't posted and/or new member) that they have the item you are looking for. I would recommend if this happens to anyone to Google there contact info/email/method of payment/etc. before transferring funds. Most times info received on this search will show they aren't legit. Personally I wouldn't/will not purchase items from someone that isn't active on the forum or I can't verify they are legit. One other thing that can be done to verify is to find out where they are located and ask if they mind if you have someone physically verify the part. If you have no one close to them then querry the membership to see if any are (using an active member of the forum to verify) and willing to check for you.

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
I just figured he’s using a burner email and a burner account to collect the money so if I put his names that he used out there then he will just change them and scam someone else. If you guys think it would help I have no issue posting his email name then his zelle account name and info.
You would be surprised how often they use the same information over and over again.
I'm all in for flaming scammers but thats just me lol or at least exposing them even if it is a burner. At least some sort of info is out there and everybody can stay vigilant.
Exactly!!! Putting this information out will result in it being available on a search hopefully preventing someone from being scammed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guy on here username Prince12. The email he used was bmorton902 Ben Morton was the name and the zelle in for was Lora Abney. I should’ve known but I was just not thinking I was being scammed and now am out 250$ and don’t have a downpipe either lmao ****.

·
Registered
269 Posts
At least now everybody can keep an eye out here and on any other forums they're part of. Like @Fired00d said, you'd be surprised by the intelligence level of scammers lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts