2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about this. I have never bought a new car without getting some follow up from the manufacturer and/or dealer. I bought my Accord over a month ago and have yet to receive anything at all. No congratulations letter, no phone calls, no satisfaction surveys. Nothing. Is this typical?

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
I received an email from my sales person/dealership and an email from Honda directing me to my personal Honda Owners webpage.... no survey.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received an email from my sales person/dealership and an email from Honda directing me to my personal Honda Owners webpage.... no survey.
Interesting. I have, so far, not received a thing ... not even an email or any acknowledgment of my purchase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i only get a survey after i serviced my vehicle at the dealer Paragon Honda in NYC. A positive survey goes on the internet, bad survey is hidden.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interesting. I have, so far, not received a thing ... not even an email or any acknowledgment of my purchase.
Believe it deserves a followup on your end now. Someone received a commission. You could have hopefully purchased from somewhere else or a Nissan or Subaru. It is also common courtesy and protocol to acknowledge that money was spent on a vehicle specifically at a dealership. I received a card with a personal message from the dealer himself. This is my second vehicle from him. It will be interesting to know whether it was simply an oversight or it is just something they particularly do not do when someone purchases a vehicle from them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Believe it deserves a followup on your end now. Someone received a commission. You could have hopefully purchased from somewhere else or a Nissan or Subaru. It is also common courtesy and protocol to acknowledge that money was spent on a vehicle specifically at a dealership. I received a card with a personal message from the dealer himself. This is my second vehicle from him. It will be interesting to know whether it was simply an oversight or it is just something they particularly do not do when someone purchases a vehicle from them.
Our local dealer is a high volume, low service facility. I don’t expect much from them, and they never disappoint.

I am surprised, however, that Honda has done no follow up to the sale. No satisfaction survey, no sales pitch to buy accessories or services, no welcome letter. I've owned lots of new cars over the years, and I can’t remember ever experiencing this level of inattention from any manufacturer. Not really a big deal, but doesn’t do much to instill a sense of brand loyalty.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Getting a survey really doesn’t provide any value. Other than to rate the dealer on sales practices. Surveys are all machine read, automatically tallied, statistically accumulated and a report generated. Almost all surveys are to justify managements’ followup actions and nothing more

The only issue Honda would be concerned about is warranty claims submitted by the dealer and the frequency of each.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Getting a survey really doesn’t provide any value. Other than to rate the dealer on sales practices. Surveys are all machine read, automatically tallied, statistically accumulated and a report generated. Almost all surveys are to justify managements’ followup actions and nothing more

The only issue Honda would be concerned about is warranty claims submitted by the dealer and the frequency of each.
I have had two instances where comments on customer satisfaction surveys were referred to dealers for resolution.

If nothing else, these can be strong tools for establishing customer brand loyalty and are used by most manufacturers for good PR. Honda is the only brand I've dealt with where there has been zero contact with me as a buyer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Survey's come from the Honda - not the dealerships. You should receive them within the first month of your purchase. The survey's are emailed and often times end up in spam boxes. If you were a potential "problem" customer, the dealership wouldn't have registered your email address when the RDR'd your car. A bad survey can be critical for dealerships and the sales professional you worked with. Here are the 12 questions they ask on Survey's (Question 11 being the most critical)

Q1: The dealership staff worked with me to make the purchase experience as timely and efficient as possible.
Q2: I would recommend Honda Of Westport to my family and friends.
Q3: The dealership facility was clean and comfortable.
Q4: I felt that the Sales Consultant understood my needs.
Q5: The Sales Consultant was knowledgeable about my vehicle.
Q6: The Business Manager completed all the necessary documents in a thorough and efficient manner.
Q7: The interior of the vehicle was in excellent condition when delivered.
Q8: The exterior of the vehicle was free of any dents, dings, and scratches when delivered.
Q9: The vehicle was free of mechanical issues.
Q10A: Pairing my compatible phone(s) using Bluetooth HandsFreeLink.
Q10B: Setting of Radio presets.
Q10C: Use of audio controls.
Q11: The Personalized Settings Worksheet was reviewed with me.
Q12: Is there anything you would like to recommend that the dealership do differently to improve the vehicle purchase experience?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Survey's come from the Honda - not the dealerships. You should receive them within the first month of your purchase. The survey's are emailed and often times end up in spam boxes. If you were a potential "problem" customer, the dealership wouldn't have registered your email address when the RDR'd your car. A bad survey can be critical for dealerships and the sales professional you worked with. Here are the 12 questions they ask on Survey's (Question 11 being the most critical)

Q1: The dealership staff worked with me to make the purchase experience as timely and efficient as possible.
Q2: I would recommend Honda Of Westport to my family and friends.
Q3: The dealership facility was clean and comfortable.
Q4: I felt that the Sales Consultant understood my needs.
Q5: The Sales Consultant was knowledgeable about my vehicle.
Q6: The Business Manager completed all the necessary documents in a thorough and efficient manner.
Q7: The interior of the vehicle was in excellent condition when delivered.
Q8: The exterior of the vehicle was free of any dents, dings, and scratches when delivered.
Q9: The vehicle was free of mechanical issues.
Q10A: Pairing my compatible phone(s) using Bluetooth HandsFreeLink.
Q10B: Setting of Radio presets.
Q10C: Use of audio controls.
Q11: The Personalized Settings Worksheet was reviewed with me.
Q12: Is there anything you would like to recommend that the dealership do differently to improve the vehicle purchase experience?
Never got that, and it was not in my junk mail either. I'm guessing the dealer did not register my email address, since they damaged the front bumper during the inspection and car spent a night in the body shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Never got that, and it was not in my junk mail either. I'm guessing the dealer did not register my email address, since they damaged the front bumper during the inspection and car spent a night in the body shop.
Ooohhh that's ****ed. Hopefully they did repair it. That could very well be why you didn't get the survey. We do that at my dealership when we know a customer is going to bury us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ooohhh that's ****ed. Hopefully they did repair it. That could very well be why you didn't get the survey. We do that at my dealership when we know a customer is going to bury us.
They did a good repair on the bumper cover. No receipt for the work was given, which I thought was odd. Prep was generally poor, with dried sap spots on the paint, and dirt under the hood. Salesman was very good, and the deal we finally agreed on was also very good. I would not have given the dealership high marks.

Reactions: azrael69

·
Registered
14 Posts
They did a good repair on the bumper cover. No receipt for the work was given, which I thought was odd. Prep was generally poor, with dried sap spots on the paint, and dirt under the hood. Salesman was very good, and the deal we finally agreed on was also very good. I would not have given the dealership high marks.
They didn't put it through the service shop because the work they did would have ended up on the vehicles carfax. Last thing you want to do on a new car. If there are dried sap spots on the paint I would DEFINITELY bring it back to them and tell them this needs to be repaired immediately. Paint is and easy and cheap fix for dealers. We have a guy that comes to my dealership every Friday for keys. We have another guy that comes Tuesday and Thursdays for scratches/dents. Every Monday we have the Alloy Wheel guy come here. Don't settle for less than you should. Your new car should be immaculate. Bring it back to their asses and tell them to fix it or threaten to go to social media with negative reviews if they don't.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got one but I can't remember if I filled it out. The dealer initially did all the paper work under the wrong VIN. I looked at two cars, and chose the second bc the window tint was not good on the first.

I worked at dealerships for a long time. Surveys are great for imposing a WIDE range of pay based on scores. Possibly threatening your job, etc... It's GREAT lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts