2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This review is for a Hasport 62a upper torque mount that I installed in my 2018 Sport 2.0t with a 6 speed manual. I purchased it used with a few thousand miles on it. Installation was easy, just unbolt the old one and bolt in the new one. I did need to temporarily unfasten a coolant line (black plastic clip circled in blue) and remove the black torque mount bracket to slide the old mount out and the new one in. I torqued everything back to spec (all red circles to 52 lb-ft).

Impressions: improved engine response, more engine noise in the cab, and improved clutch feel. I only get a slight dash rattle around 1400 rpm and it’s very tolerable. Increased engine noise in the cab was noticeable (and enjoyed) by me, but I doubt anyone else riding in the car would notice a difference from stock. The clutch feel improved significantly; before replacing the mount I thought my car had some uneven wear on the clutch because it would pulse a bit as I engaged the transmission. After installing the mount the clutch engagement is linear and smooth. The car feels like it is putting the power to the wheels more efficiently.

Overall I highly recommend it, especially if you have a manual transmission. I would anticipate more vibration in an automatic. I will be replacing the lower mount with a Hasport 62a because I’ve been so happy with the upper torque mount.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Product Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
2018 EX-L 2.0T
10 Posts
Thanks for the write up!
I Just installed a 62A unflanged version in my 2.0/10AT 3 weeks ago. Vibration is pretty minimal. Really only noticeable at idle, during cold starts and low rpm <1500.
Id recommend retorquing the bolts again after a couple weeks or about 1000 miles. I noticed the “bounce” in my engine was back during braking and downshifts so I went back under the hood to check the bolts and the two that pass through the mount allowed for another 3/4 turn or so before clicking off the torque wrench at 52ft-lb again. Not sure if they vibrated loose or things just settled over time but take a look at that if it happens to you.

· Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the write up!
I Just installed a 62A unflanged version in my 2.0/10AT 3 weeks ago. Vibration is pretty minimal. Really only noticeable at idle, during cold starts and low rpm <1500.
Id recommend retorquing the bolts again after a couple weeks or about 1000 miles. I noticed the “bounce” in my engine was back during braking and downshifts so I went back under the hood to check the bolts and the two that pass through the mount allowed for another 3/4 turn or so before clicking off the torque wrench at 52ft-lb again. Not sure if they vibrated loose or things just settled over time but take a look at that if it happens to you.
Good to know, I’ll double check the bolts to make sure they’re still torqued down. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.