2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Head unit issue

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Fired00d 
#1 ·
So I have a 2018 Accord sport and ever so often I will be driving and listening to the radio and the head unit will shut off and restart. Has anyone experienced this issue also?

#2 ·
Many of us have at one point or another. Mine did this a few times last winter although it restarted the most frequently while shifting from reverse to drive, in the last few months it has only happened once but that was while I was using Car Play and it froze up then wouldn't let me connect my phone for the rest of that drive. I haven't seen anyone with a good solution, mine has gotten much more reliable but I'm not sure why as I don't believe any updates have occurred on the radio since I got the car.

#3 ·
As @therkilt mentioned this has been mentioned before (mine has done it also). If you haven't already make sure you have the latest software for your audio system (see attachment), however it probably already does. It's been awhile since mine has done it and I don't recall if there were any circumstances that may have caused it, it was like all of a sudden it just rebooted. :unsure:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.