2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2018 Accord sport and ever so often I will be driving and listening to the radio and the head unit will shut off and restart. Has anyone experienced this issue also?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Many of us have at one point or another. Mine did this a few times last winter although it restarted the most frequently while shifting from reverse to drive, in the last few months it has only happened once but that was while I was using Car Play and it froze up then wouldn't let me connect my phone for the rest of that drive. I haven't seen anyone with a good solution, mine has gotten much more reliable but I'm not sure why as I don't believe any updates have occurred on the radio since I got the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
As @therkilt mentioned this has been mentioned before (mine has done it also). If you haven't already make sure you have the latest software for your audio system (see attachment), however it probably already does. It's been awhile since mine has done it and I don't recall if there were any circumstances that may have caused it, it was like all of a sudden it just rebooted. :unsure:

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As @therkilt mentioned this has been mentioned before (mine has done it also). If you haven't already make sure you have the latest software for your audio system (see attachment), however it probably already does. It's been awhile since mine has done it and I don't recall if there were any circumstances that may have caused it, it was like all of a sudden it just rebooted. :unsure:
Ya that’s pretty much how it is with mine. Thanks guys I’ll look into the update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ya that’s pretty much how it is with mine. Thanks guys I’ll look into the update.
I've got the random reboot problem and a whole lot of other electronic problems. They, of course are intermittent which means that a Honda tech will have to live with the car to see them - let alone fix them.

I've tried the system update and in my 2018 EX-L Navi - I have the latest software. This is a common problem and is described all over the Internet. Welcome to the club. Some people say it eventually goes away. Others (like me) have the problem and it tend to stay.

The reboots seem to happen most if going from reverse to drive. At least that's what people say. That happens to me too, but is not bothersome. It's when it boots mid-drive. Your Navigation (if you have Navi) will stop and need reprogramming - as will your phone call (if one the phone), etc. I would warn you to pull over and reset things if you need to - if not, a cop will not be happy if he sees you playing with your infotainment while driving.

So, good luck. This and other intermittent electronic problems have driven me crazy. I hope you stay sane.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts