2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Accord got hit in our parking lot which damaged the front driver side headlight. That immediately killed the turn signal. I got an $800 quote for the part from an online source so I decided to stalk eBay until I could find a used LED. After a couple months a used one dropped and I picked it up for $180 plus shipping.

I removed the front bumper which just involves pulled plug rivets from under the chin splitter and at the front of the engine bay where the bumper mounts I also had to remove several plug rivets and screws in both the wheel wells.

Once the bumper is disconnected you can pop it off and set it on the ground to disconnect the fog light connections.

There's two screws on the left side, one on the right and two on top.

Popped the light out then made the three disconnections. They're all different so no need to label anything.

You have to migrate the lower assembly from the old headlight to the new one before install.

When I reconnected the light we tested for function before installing the bumper.

Bumper install was opposite of removal.

Once everything was buttoned up I still had the warning light in the dash. So I joined this forum and searched around for a solution.

I couldn't find any direct solution so I searched around in the settings, tried some random button pushing, read and cleared codes then gave up and drove it around for a couple days to see if it would clear.

After a week I still had the alert so I figured maybe a system update would reset the diagnostics and clear the code.

So I connected the car to our wifi, under "settings" > "connections"

Once I was connected, went back to the home screen, scrolled to "system updates" and found one was available.

Downloaded that, installed it, restarted the vehicle and the alert was gone.

Hope this helps somebody down the road.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
2018 Accord got hit in our parking lot which damaged the front driver side headlight. That immediately killed the turn signal. I got an $800 quote for the part from an online source so I decided to stalk eBay until I could find a used LED. After a couple months a used one dropped and I picked it up for $180 plus shipping.

View attachment 6543

I removed the front bumper which just involves pulled plug rivets from under the chin splitter and at the front of the engine bay where the bumper mounts I also had to remove several plug rivets and screws in both the wheel wells.

Once the bumper is disconnected you can pop it off and set it on the ground to disconnect the fog light connections.

View attachment 6544

Popped the light out then made the three disconnections. They're all different so no need to label anything.

You have to migrate the lower assembly from the old headlight to the new one before install.

When I reconnected the light we tested for function before installing the bumper.

View attachment 6545

Once everything was buttoned up I still had the warning light in the dash. So I joined this forum and searched around for a solution.

View attachment 6546

I couldn't find any direct solution so I searched around in the settings, tried some random button pushing, read and cleared codes then gave up and drove it around for a couple days to see if it would clear.

After a week I still had the alert so I figured maybe a system update would reset the diagnostics and clear the code.

Once I was connected, went back to the home screen, scrolled to "system updates" and found one was available.

I JUST had to change my passenger side, lol. But I just disconnected the battery for 10-15 mins. Drove to the end of my driveway and it reset.

·
Registered
48 Posts

View attachment 6543

View attachment 6544

View attachment 6545

View attachment 6546

Great article and very well done, but I hope I never have to try it (smile!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.