2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Heads Up on Water Marks

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Convictedconvict 
#1 ·
OK I don't Know what You All Know , But I'm sure Your Not Suppose to Wash - these New Paint Jobs in the Sun Let all the Water Bead up
On Paint then Walk Away . .

This is Exactly what a Lot of Dealers are Doing ! HELLO
So You All that have Paint Clear Coated Etching - Marks from Water - should be Checking and Seeing Dealer Immediately !
Actually the Service Mgt. - is where those Type of Issues Go . . :angel:

I don't ever Remember seeing this Water Stuff on Alu. Hoods on Volvo's , so Is It a Honda Thing or Higher Acidic Rain ..
I have seen Dealers Wash these New Honda Cars & Honda Trucks and Leave those - Right in Blazing Sun !

I for One or Honda should Instruct the Dealers to do that At - Night or Late Evening . .

#2 ·
Now that said - If Your Dealer has the Hand Free or No Touch - as in Touch-less system on the side of their 4 Million Dollar Dealership , then Yeah don't need to check very carefully ..
Seems many Older or Outdated Dealerships - don't do Bird Poop Control or Daily , Weekly Vehicle - Protection - very well . . ( City Pollution ) . . Does Wonders for the Paint . .

#5 ·
Yeah That's What I'm Thinking Also !

Butt - just - Witnessed It Last Week .. had to ask Myself what the Heck are They doing like 10:45 AM on Scorching 91 Degree . .

I have Not seen Issues on Other Vehicles , but Hey I was 800 Miles North for last 45 Years .. , I also Know those Dealers had Their Own Wash Bays , some even had Touch less ..

I have to say there are a lot of , Half - Baked - Things that get done in TN . . seems like they are all in Drive Through - Hurry - which ends up Costing More in Near Future ..

#7 ·
My progression went from Armor All, to Mothers, Meguirs, Chemical Guys, and now HydroSilex.... Chemical Guys, Mothers, and Meguirs all have awesome products. I was going to do the Chemical Guys Jet Seal, but I gave HydroSilex a shot. Looking for longevity and protection since I work Electrical work/Construction, and a whole lot of Interstate driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.