2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a 2018 Honda accord ex-l.

Just started using the front heated seats. I have noticed that when I turn it on the highest settings (level 3), after a while the setting drops to level 2 and I have to physically change it back up to 3.

Not sure if this is a safety feature or an issue.

Would like to avoid bringing it in if I can and thought someone on here might know the answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's totally normal for many manufacturers. I've driven rental cars for 4.5 years prior to my Accord and those that had heated seats did this too. :Smile

You can't leave them on all the time, but at least if you turn the car off and come back and start it later the seats will be heating at whatever level you initially chose.

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
Own a 2018 Honda accord ex-l.

Just started using the front heated seats. I have noticed that when I turn it on the highest settings (level 3), after a while the setting drops to level 2 and I have to physically change it back up to 3.

Not sure if this is a safety feature or an issue.

Would like to avoid bringing it in if I can and thought someone on here might know the answer.

Thanks
This is the same way mine are working... must be a safety feature (if you can call it that).

That's totally normal for many manufacturers. I've driven rental cars for 4.5 years prior to my Accord and those that had heated seats did this too. :Smile

You can't leave them on all the time, but at least if you turn the car off and come back and start it later the seats will be heating at whatever level you initially chose.
That is what I have experienced when using them in my car. I also have the heated steering wheel... wish that feature was available in it (have it come back on when you restarted the car).

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
And those seats are not coming very warm. It takes time!
Plus 1

Had to Turn VW Seats down - they got too Hot . .
They probably trying to avoid a lawsuit such as McDonald's suffered due to a customer wasting hot coffee on them - Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants. Sad as it is manufacturers have to protect themselves in the lawsuit happy society we live in now because in a lot of cases "common sense" is either ignored or not used. :sad:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Weird experience with the heated seats yesterday. Ran same errands, parked played around with audio system then went on to the next stop and the heat was blasting at the one bar setting! I had to turn it off, haven't had a chance to see f I could duplicate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts