2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t understand why Honda couldn’t at least add this heated steering wheel to the Touring? It was kind of a pita to get it done at the dealer.

It comes as an accessory kit with all of the parts in the box for the install, and the one they ordered for me, didn’t come with wiring harnesses, in the box, so, the car had to stay overnight. No fault of the dealer, the harnesses are supposed to be in the box. But ultimately it’s all done, and the dealer always treats me right. Also installed a Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar.

Heated steering wheel part numbers: you get a whole new steering wheel with the kit. If your dealers price is $415ish, use these part numbers to purchase the wheel, online. I’m seeing as low at $275 for the wheel. Install price was .8hr in labor. In California, that’s $116 for install. Install pricing will vary
08U97-TVA-110A (with paddles)
08U97-TVA-110 (without paddles)
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Tints and shades Auto part

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Have the heated steering wheel also... had mine (along with all my OEM accessories) added at time of purchase... saved a bundle by adding them all at one time. You're right it would have been nice if it would have been stock in the Touring but I guees the had to leave somethings out for us to spend our money on. :LOL:

BTW... don't be shocked (disappointed) when you use it and think (feel) it's not getting real hot. There is a difference when it is on and when it's not but I would describe it as warm not hot.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a whole list of options I was going to add in finance, but my buddy works in finance, and it was cheaper to get them and have them installed. Especially since he already sold me the car at $1,200 under invoice. Make sure you get the puddle projectors.

I have a heated wheel on my Cruze that’s the same way. It seems to get warmer the colder it is, outside. But you’re right, they don’t get too hot. Which is ok, because my hands would sweat if it got any hotter.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Can anyone confirm the non-paddled version installs and works fine on the manual Sport (specifically the 2.0T though I doubt it matters)? Two dealers I contacted here in Canada say the manual car can't take a heated steering wheel, but I'd sure love one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone confirm the non-paddled version installs and works fine on the manual Sport (specifically the 2.0T though I doubt it matters)? Two dealers I contacted here in Canada say the manual car can't take a heated steering wheel, but I'd sure love one.
Im not sure about the wheel being able to fit on the Manual sport. But the problem that you may run into is that the US uses different airbags than some other countries. Which also means that the airbag clock spring, and the wiring harness may not be compatible. The US heated steering wheel kit, comes with the wheel, new clock spring, wiring harnesses and all associated installation hardware.

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Im not sure about the wheel being able to fit on the Manual sport. But the problem that you may run into is that the US uses different airbags than some other countries. Which also means that the airbag clock spring, and the wiring harness may not be compatible. The US heated steering wheel kit, comes with the wheel, new clock spring, wiring harnesses and all associated installation hardware.
My guess is that the Canadian models use the same airbags - they're produced on the same assembly line in Ohio as the US Accords. But that's just a guess.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Let us know if you find more information. I'm a Canadian 2.0T Manual as well.

I don't see why it would be a problem for a manual car to have the heated steering wheel.

Would be funny to get the paddle version and rewire new functions to the paddles :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t understand why Honda couldn’t at least add this heated steering wheel to the Touring? It was kind of a pita to get it done at the dealer.

It comes as an accessory kit with all of the parts in the box for the install, and the one they ordered for me, didn’t come with wiring harnesses, in the box, so, the car had to stay overnight. No fault of the dealer, the harnesses are supposed to be in the box. But ultimately it’s all done, and the dealer always treats me right. Also installed a Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar.

Heated steering wheel part numbers: you get a whole new steering wheel with the kit. If your dealers price is $415ish, use these part numbers to purchase the wheel, online. I’m seeing as low at $275 for the wheel. Install price was .8hr in labor. In California, that’s $116 for install. Install pricing will vary
08U97-TVA-110A (with paddles)
08U97-TVA-110 (without paddles)
View attachment 6009
Could you please post a photo of the whole steering wheel please?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.