2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the heated steering wheel? I had it installed, but the heat coming from it is barely noticeable (especially in comparison to the wheel on my husband's jeep)... Just wondering if that is normal or if I need to take it back to the dealer to be fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

I have the Canada Version of the 2.0T Touring. It comes with the heated steering wheel installed already from factory. And it is very warm, you should be able to feel the warmth when it's on, even with leather gloves on, very helpful during those -30C weather. :nerd:

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you aren't finding it to get that warm, I would consider taking it in. Better off doing it now, before the weather improves and the change is less noticeable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe this is just me, but I find that when it comes to heated steering wheels I have to leave my hands on the same position so the wheel has time to warm that area. Without my hands there, the heat just kind of disperse and it's not as warm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got my heated steering wheel installed last week, it seems fine to me, not hot but room temperature after 3 minutes or so and warm after 10 minutes or something like that. I'm happy with room temperature the main thing I wanted was to be able to hold the wheel without my fingers being against the cold the entire ride to work and back. Someone in another post said Honda told them the accessory steering wheels share power with other components already in the steering wheel so they reduced the heating element to keep from overloading the circuit. Not sure if that's true but it makes sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine gets warm, sometimes just enough to make my hand sweat. Laser thermometer showed nothing more than 85f at any point, and there are cold spots.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
I have the heated steering wheel on my car (first car w/this feature) and still own a vehicle w/o heated steering wheel. I have nothing to compare to as to how hot this steering wheel gets compared to other heated steering wheels, however I can tell you for a fact the comfort level is much better w/the heated steering wheel on this car vs the car w/o it. When driving the car w/o the heated steering wheel I'm constantly taking my hand off the steering wheel (when stopped) rubbing them together or against my legs to warm them up. When driving my Accord w/the heated steering wheel on I have no problem keeping my hands on the steering wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts