2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Just picked up my 6spd 2020 Sport 2.0T a little less than a week ago and I'm loving it so far. I was a BMW E46 3 series guy for a solid 14 years, then went to the E90 for the past 3 years. I loved driving and modding them, but the reliability and maintenance left a lot to be desired. Heard nothing aside from great things about the current gen Accords, so decided to take the plunge and pick up a brand new one. It's fun to drive, has tons of room, has better technology, and is family ready (just in case lol).

I work in the automotive aftermarket parts industry, so I'm hoping I have some useful knowledge that I can share as I learn things from all of you. Cheers!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi everyone!

Just picked up my 6spd 2020 Sport 2.0T a little less than a week ago and I'm loving it so far. I was a BMW E46 3 series guy for a solid 14 years, then went to the E90 for the past 3 years. I loved driving and modding them, but the reliability and maintenance left a lot to be desired. Heard nothing aside from great things about the current gen Accords, so decided to take the plunge and pick up a brand new one. It's fun to drive, has tons of room, has better technology, and is family ready (just in case lol).

I work in the automotive aftermarket parts industry, so I'm hoping I have some useful knowledge that I can share as I learn things from all of you. Cheers!
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I also opted for manual. Didn’t have one in my state. They had to go get it in NJ. I remember a time when that’s all there was. When I got this one they made me sign a paper saying I knew I’m buying a manual transmission. So weird. Oh how the times have changes huh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Welcome,
After a little break in period, I'd suggest the Hondata FlashPro. I have a 2018 6spd Sport 2.0T and ran the stock stage 2 tune after about 10,000 miles. I've got 25,000 miles on it now and the last 15k have been a blast. The torque, especially in 3rd and 4th is amazing. No more downshifting to pass someone either, just roll on in 6th. Lots more fun and I'm still averaging over 30 mpg with 93 octane. Enjoy the conversion to Honda..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome,
After a little break in period, I'd suggest the Hondata FlashPro. I have a 2018 6spd Sport 2.0T and ran the stock stage 2 tune after about 10,000 miles. I've got 25,000 miles on it now and the last 15k have been a blast. The torque, especially in 3rd and 4th is amazing. No more downshifting to pass someone either, just roll on in 6th. Lots more fun and I'm still averaging over 30 mpg with 93 octane. Enjoy the conversion to Honda..
I was actually thinking about this. I probably won't be doing any turbo swaps or supporting mods while I have warranty. Trying to enjoy the reliability for the time being, especially coming from BMW. Is it easy to flash the tune on and off? Mainly worried about when I have to take the car in for service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Flash takes about 10 minutes and it's very easy. To be honest, I haven't flashed it off since I do my own maintenance and there haven't been any issues at all with the car, so no dealer trips. I don't worry much about Honda warranties, since with normal maintenance, I've taken my last 4 Honda's over 250,000 miles before selling and have never done anything other than fluids, brakes, timing belts and tires. When you feel the time is right, give it a try - you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Flash takes about 10 minutes and it's very easy. To be honest, I haven't flashed it off since I do my own maintenance and there haven't been any issues at all with the car, so no dealer trips. I don't worry much about Honda warranties, since with normal maintenance, I've taken my last 4 Honda's over 250,000 miles before selling and have never done anything other than fluids, brakes, timing belts and tires. When you feel the time is right, give it a try - you'll be happy you did.
Iiiinteresting. Thanks for the info! Coming from BMW, I'm very used to (if anything, too used to) doing my own maintenance so no worries there. This is my first car with bumper to bumper so I'm literally just trying to enjoy the peace of mind, at least for a little bit. Everyone keeps saying that Hondas are a breeze to maintain, but maybe I have PTSD from so many Euros.

Suspension and wheels are always first for me. Hondata will likely follow shortly after.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is the flash easy to do? Is it more than plug & play?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts