2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Previous owner of a 8th Gen Civic Si. Just joined the Accord X fam and currently a owner of 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T w/ 6 speed :smile_big:. Unfortunately I have a base sport accord 2.0T because there isn't one available nearby full package 6 speed manual. But I will try to get pictures out this weekend (if it doesn't snow). Hopefully I can get some good info around here soon once it gets more populated with aftermarket support.

Missing my 8th gen civic si still though... :crying:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's hard to let go of a car you've driven around for years on end, still miss my old rust bucket Camry even though its engine blew. But your 2018 Honda Accord Sport should fill the void in time. How are you liking it so far?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Glad to have someone from the 8th generation civic which to me has been one of the best generation civics so far. The size of those 8th communities is proof of that along with how aftermarket has picked up. How do you like how the 10th drives compared to your 8th?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to have someone from the 8th generation civic which to me has been one of the best generation civics so far. The size of those 8th communities is proof of that along with how aftermarket has picked up. How do you like how the 10th drives compared to your 8th?

It drives sweet. It's a different experience for me maybe because of the cluster, shifter, and clutch feel. But performance is much better from this accord which I like. The 8th gen Civic Si is more of a pure driver experience car for me. It was very fun to drive and VTEC is much more noticeable in the 8th Gen Civic. It also has been really reliable. I owned it since 20k miles to 120k miles and all I did was oil changes every 5k and brake pads at 100k. That was it.

Welcome to the forum! It's hard to let go of a car you've driven around for years on end, still miss my old rust bucket Camry even though its engine blew. But your 2018 Honda Accord Sport should fill the void in time. How are you liking it so far?

Thanks. It has been great so far. I really want to push it but I am in the break in period. After that, I can try to get more enjoyment out of it. But I believe it would be better or as good as my 8th gen civic... as in driving experience.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Break in periods are hard, especially when you're faced with a highway ramp and you just want to gun it and merge with traffic. :D Did your dealer say how many miles until it's broken in?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Break in periods are hard, especially when you're faced with a highway ramp and you just want to gun it and merge with traffic. :D Did your dealer say how many miles until it's broken in?
You can push it and even get close to red line but its not recommended to do that too often and at the same time babying a new car isn't good either, you need to build pressure in those cylinders, high RPM's do that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Said around 4000 miles. Told me to drive sometimes to higher RPMs but try not to go over 65 MPH a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts