2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to change my wallpaper for my clock since that's where my default interface that I prefer my screen at. The USB that I am using is a 128GB SanDisk 3.0 Flash Drive and I have tried all of the usb ports b. :sad: I hope no one else is having trouble with the same thing as me.

My car: 2018 Honda Accord EX

·
Registered
129 Posts
Go here, choose what you want. Someone was kind enough to supply these. The instructions for loading new wallpaper are in the owners manual.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=OVVKWHM1M0swZFh0eVFmd0x6SmhFTDc0d1NaNm1n

- You can import up to three images, one at a time, from a USB flash drive.
- When importing wallpaper files, the image must be in the USB flash drive’s root directory. Images in a folder cannot be imported.
- The file format of the image that can be imported is BMP (.bmp) or JPEG (.jpg).
- The individual file size limit is 2 MB.
- The maximum image size is 1,680 x 936 pixels. If the image size is less than 420 x 234 pixels, the image will be displayed in the middle of the screen with the extra area appearing in black.
- Up to 64 characters can be displayed in the file name.
- If the USB flash drive does not have any pictures, the “No files detected” message appears.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that smaller drives (32GB or less) work. I used a 512KB drive and had no issues.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I imported wallpaper images with no problem. I used a 16 GB thumb drive. Make sure you follow the instructions and specs posted by @Mojo.

The only correction is that up to five (5) images can be imported on Sport and above trims. Twenty five (25) images on LX and Hybrid trims.

Reactions: MSMV1

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can. I am using 32. As long as it is a JPeg. I just had to make sure that what I saved and was trying to download was not a PNG. PNG cannot be used. Think on an LX it is only three images.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not working on 2019

I've tried to add new wallpapers using three seperate thumb drives ranging from 16gb to 128gb and no joy. Jpegs in the root directory of the drive? Please help?

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
I've tried to add new wallpapers using three seperate thumb drives ranging from 16gb to 128gb and no joy. Jpegs in the root directory of the drive? Please help?
Are you getting any error messages? Have you followed the instructions in reply #3 above? Are there other files on the thumb drives? Really hard to determine what's going on w/the limited info you provided.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go here, choose what you want. Someone was kind enough to supply these. The instructions for loading new wallpaper are in the owners manual.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=OVVKWHM1M0swZFh0eVFmd0x6SmhFTDc0d1NaNm1n

- You can import up to three images, one at a time, from a USB flash drive.
- When importing wallpaper files, the image must be in the USB flash drive’s root directory. Images in a folder cannot be imported.
- The file format of the image that can be imported is BMP (.bmp) or JPEG (.jpg).
- The individual file size limit is 2 MB.
- The maximum image size is 1,680 x 936 pixels. If the image size is less than 420 x 234 pixels, the image will be displayed in the middle of the screen with the extra area appearing in black.
- Up to 64 characters can be displayed in the file name.
- If the USB flash drive does not have any pictures, the “No files detected” message appears.
Hello I just purchased a 2019 Honda Accord Sport yesterday.
I was having the exact same issues others here were having.
Initially I was using a Western Digital flash drive 160GB. But I had several folders that had music, videos and images among other things. It would only read the music and would not show the images when going to the clock interface setting screen. This was even after I had moved the images outside of a folder and edited them to fit the criteria as you listed above.
I then looked for a small 3GB USB flash drive that I had laying around. Cleared out all the stuff I had in there and left it empty. Then I only added the 3 images I wanted to import. Just like that I was able to import the images.

Anyone having trouble simply follow the stops listed by Mojo and it'll work.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Hello I just purchased a 2019 Honda Accord Sport yesterday.
I was having the exact same issues others here were having.
Initially I was using a Western Digital flash drive 160GB. But I had several folders that had music, videos and images among other things. It would only read the music and would not show the images when going to the clock interface setting screen. This was even after I had moved the images outside of a folder and edited them to fit the criteria as you listed above.
I then looked for a small 3GB USB flash drive that I had laying around. Cleared out all the stuff I had in there and left it empty. Then I only added the 3 images I wanted to import. Just like that I was able to import the images.

Anyone having trouble simply follow the stops listed by Mojo and it'll work.

Thank you.
I wonder if that's the answer... having only the pictures you want to upload on the thumb drive no matter what size. Can't remember what the size of the thumb drive I used but I'm pretty sure (positive) it only had the images I wanted to upload on it. Maybe for some reason if it's data that is not recognizable by the system that it confuses it or doesn't allow it to see the data (images) that it can read.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
As cheap as thumb drives are I'd buy a brand new one for $6-$8 and see if that solved the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder if that's the answer... having only the pictures you want to upload on the thumb drive no matter what size. Can't remember what the size of the thumb drive I used but I'm pretty sure (positive) it only had the images I wanted to upload on it. Maybe for some reason if it's data that is not recognizable by the system that it confuses it or doesn't allow it to see the data (images) that it can read.
Where can I find the steps from MOJO to change the display?

·
Registered
10 Posts
- The maximum image size is 1,680 x 936 pixels. If the image size is less than 420 x 234 pixels, the image will be displayed in the middle of the screen with the extra area appearing in black...
...And if the image is a single pixel larger than 1680x936, the car won't recognize/acknowledge it. Took me days to figure that out. I guess I assumed that it would resize the picture like most other applications. Once I resized/cropped the picture, I was able to apply the previously problematic images without issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Hi guys. I just imported 3 pics successfully. Question is, the wallpaper is still the original paper. help.
From page 278 of Owners Manual...
To Select wallpaper
1. Select Clock.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Clock Faces.
4. Select a desired wallpaper.
5. Select Set.
The display will return to the Clock Faces screen.

To view wallpaper once it is set
1. Press the home button.
2. Select Clock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just imported the pics following the guidance. Worked like a charm but limited me to 5 uploads. This was on a 2020 EX-L. All good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been trying to change my wallpaper for my clock since that's where my default interface that I prefer my screen at. The USB that I am using is a 128GB SanDisk 3.0 Flash Drive and I have tried all of the usb ports b. :sad: I hope no one else is having trouble with the same thing as me.

I have a 2017 accord sport se and have noticed by trial and error that it wont read a 3.0 USB drive. I use an old 16GB Sandisk 2.0 USB drive and works fine. As for the images I've experienced the same issue and to solve that you'll have to change the image size either smaller or larger, the picture might look stretched though so I just search for wallpapers with the exact sizes or an extra large and crop it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts