2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! My next step is to tow it to a dealership.
My husband added on a sub and amp. When he went to connect the battery back up, the car just will not turn over. It flashes every single warning on the dash. It won’t start, it won’t do anything. We disconnected the battery, we tried jumping it, we charged it on the battery charger. It seems like an electrical issue, but it won’t even start. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Try disconnecting everything you just installed and see if you have the same problem. If not you may have to go back and double check all your wiring on the newly installed audio components.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Agree with what @Mr.2.g0 said.... since this issue started as soon as the mods were done, disconnecting them to see if problem goes away would be a good place to start. Also... might be coincidental but battery may have died/gone bad. Your car being a '18 if it's still on original battery I would take it out and have it load tested since you can't drive/take it somewhere to have it done.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
@Fired00d yeah it's very possibly the extra load on the battery could have been the last straw for it. or total coincidence, either way get that checked before towing it anywhere. Start small before getting a tow truck and dealer involved

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with what @Mr.2.g0 said.... since this issue started as soon as the mods were done, disconnecting them to see if problem goes away would be a good place to start. Also... might be coincidental but battery may have died/gone bad. Your car being a '18 if it's still on original battery I would take it out and have it load tested since you can't drive/take it somewhere to have it done.
We took it all out, no improvement. It’s like it needs a reset to know those additional components are gone.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Yes it is the original battery. We have a battery starter/ charger that says it’s fully charged
Take the battery out and take it to an auto parts store that can test load the battery. What you are experiencing is similar to what I did when my battery went bad. A load test is different than the starter/charger saying it's fully charged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let us know if you find anything. At this point it sounds like a low voltage issue with the battery. These cars do a lot of weird stuff when the battery goes bad.
It’s alive!!! We bought a fuse tester. We blew the 20 amp fuse. Now it’s running and driving just need to clear all the crazy dash warnings

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
It’s alive!!! We bought a fuse tester. We blew the 20 amp fuse. Now it’s running and driving just need to clear all the crazy dash warnings
Great news!!! Codes should clear after driving/restarting. I would still have the battery load tested for peace of mind. OEM batteries are known for a short life span and yours is 3/4 years old depending on when the car was purchased.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.