2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helpppp

Helppppp

I own a 2018 accord 1.5 sport. At 59,754 I had to replace the whole short block due to scores in the 1 & 2 cylinder walls they replaced everything under warranty.

Well… a whole month without my car and then I finally got it back. Everything was going good. 380 miles after having the whole short block replaced I had coolant spraying all over my car. Called to have it towed , the dealership picked it up. Upon doing inspection I was told they needed to redo the whole short block again, cylinder walls were scored and the mechanic they had work on it was not the best, because their exact words were “I’m going to have a more experienced mechanic work on it this time. …

Well now I find myself driving to work today and my whole trans drops!!!! While I’m doing 90 mph on the highway!!!Now I’m going through my paperwork and it says” 12 months 12000 miles “ but I find myself exactly at 13,027 miles which means I’m 1,027 miles over there “warranty”

Who should I contact first? What would your next step be?

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Wow!!!! I would start with the dealership that did the work. Even though it's no longer in warranty the fact that their work wasn't the best to start (had to redo the engine work previously) they may (should) repair it at no charge. If they refuse to repair it then contact Honda Customer Service and open a claim... provide them the information of engine being repaired twice due to incompetence of tech doing the work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow!!!! I would start with the dealership that did the work. Even though it's no longer in warranty the fact that their work wasn't the best to start (had to redo the engine work previously) they may (should) repair it at no charge. If they refuse to repair it then contact Honda Customer Service and open a claim... provide them the information of it engine being repaired twice due to incompetence of tech doing the work.
Thank you for your input. I printed out the all data information for the block replacement, and they should have replaced the transmission and engine mount bolts as they are a one time use part. They did not charge those out or replace those when doing this work. Awaiting for them to tell me the next step. It just got to their dealer.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Thank you for your input. I printed out the all data information for the block replacement, and they should have replaced the transmission and engine mount bolts as they are a one time use part. They did not charge those out or replace those when doing this work. Awaiting for them to tell me the next step. It just got to their dealer.
Sounds like they would be responsible for the repair. You may want to document/record all interactions with them just in case though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts