2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I got my Honda Accord EX 1.5T back in May, and I have been loving it! Its a beautiful gem, but today I go to get into it and to my disdain I find tree sap sitting on the hood.

Any good ideas for removing this? My color is Crystal Black Pearl, the most beautiful and unforgiving color you can get on a Honda... so I really would like to preserve my paint.

Any suggestions?:nerd:

·
Registered
534 Posts
NO Way with Clay Bar - I Mean it would Toast the Bar seems .
Turpentine just few Drops on Rag to erase it .. easy does it then , Clean & Wax . .

Dealer must ran My Accord thru the Dam Auto Wash 4 times since it had been sitting on the lot 95 Days - Coated right over Crap on Paint ..
Gave it a Detail , Cleaning & Found like 7-8 Spots in Different Area's - Had to Clean those Areas Three Times .. 1 Spot I had to use that Plastic Len Polish X Cleaner ..

Then Gave Her a Good Waxing .. Two Times _ Two Coats on Hood Truck & Roof ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
NO Way with Clay Bar - I Mean it would Toast the Bar seems .
Turpentine just few Drops on Rag to erase it .. easy does it then , Clean & Wax . .

Dealer must ran My Accord thru the Dam Auto Wash 4 times since it had been sitting on the lot 95 Days - Coated right over Crap on Paint ..
Gave it a Detail , Cleaning & Found like 7-8 Spots in Different Area's - Had to Clean those Areas Three Times .. 1 Spot I had to use that Plastic Len Polish X Cleaner ..

Then Gave Her a Good Waxing .. Two Times _ Two Coats on Hood Truck & Roof ..
I don't understand most of this comment... Why "NO Way" to clay bar? I've had 100% success using a clay bar to remove road tar/grim, old bug splatter, super glue, and most anything else that can blemish the paint surface. I have NEVER has to use any harsh materials or chemicals to remove contaminants from the paint surface.

Furthermore, it sounds like a lot of the areas you had to clean several times would have been easier to remove via clay and a quick correction/polish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts