2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a 2018+ accord with a HO Alternator and had any success bypassing the ECU? I have 8500w+ system in my car and cant seem to get passed this stupid ECU controlling my voltage. I tried bypassing it with a alternator harness that wired to a sep 12v ign. Got great voltage, 14.8, but the car freaked out. lol. I am guessing i'll have to live with a 290a alter that is limited by the ECU.. for now. Just hoping someone had figured it out.
https://youtu.be/clN1mm_35-M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good day, I too have a 2018 Accord and was having voltage fluctuation. I did things like big 3 and battery swap and it didn’t help. By accident one day I was parked at night and turned my headlight’s off and happen to notice my Voltage dropped to 12.2, I then turned my headlight’s back on and the voltage went back up to 14.2 and stayed there as long as the headlights are on. Not sure why this happens but give it a try. I now drive with my headlight’s on when I want to get 14v.
Hope this can help

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too had it set to auto, so typically during the day the daytime running lights are on and headlight’s off voltage =12v
So now I just turn the headlight’s to the on position to get 14v In the daytime

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day, I too have a 2018 Accord and was having voltage fluctuation. I did things like big 3 and battery swap and it didn’t help. By accident one day I was parked at night and turned my headlight’s off and happen to notice my Voltage dropped to 12.2, I then turned my headlight’s back on and the voltage went back up to 14.2 and stayed there as long as the headlights are on. Not sure why this happens but give it a try. I now drive with my headlight’s on when I want to get 14v.
Hope this can help
Hi, I plan on doing the Big 3 upgrade on my accord and was wondering how you went about to get to the alternator. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I plan on doing the Big 3 upgrade on my accord and was wondering how you went about to get to the alternator. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything.
I just picked up a custom unit from Auto Tech Engineering. They will build you one that can support your systems needs. What I'm wondering is whether I will need to run 1/0 Ga from Alt to Battery now with the increased current draw. Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts