2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Hitch

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PhilipS 
#1 ·
Draw-Tite Sportframe Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class I - 1-1/4". Just bought this hitch and I am going to install today. I’m not going to tell anything I just want to a bike rack on so I don’t scratch the paint on the hitch is that mount on the trunk lid. The installation don’t look bad just remove the rear bumper and bolt it on. Takes an hour to do. It did take a while to convince my wife to let me do this!

#2 ·
It’s installed. I do like the appearance! Wife even likes it!!?
I found the option of trimming the bumper is not really optional at all.. I had to get my torch out Ant heat the pocket knife to red hot ant cut the plastic bumper like butter without having to remove the bumper to trim it.

#3 ·
Drawtite Installation

I'm trying to install the Drawtite Hitch and am having trouble removing the bumper cover. Have removed all visible screws and clips but cover still will not come off. Are there some sort of clips under the tail lights holding it on? Is removing it different than what videos show for the 2017. Any tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#4 · (Edited)
In the video, etrailer shows room between the facia and tongue. It’s a nice fit. Just push the bumper tabs out to meet the bumper.

Looks good.

Which 2-bike hitch rack did everyone choose?

1Up has a tiered system so the rear bike sits higher for clearance and no contact between bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.