2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... yeah I''m new! Driving a 2018 1.5T :) Cool White in the desert heat! Anyway, I came across one of them Stinger GTs on I-15 and couldn't resist but trying his ass... Yeah... he pulled on my everytime… and I couldn't go more than 120mph so... What can I do to take one of those on the roll? Was doing a little searching and found a lot of people were running Ktuner Stage 2 for 55hp.. would that work or do I need more? Thanks! New to this so don't beat me too hard! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello... yeah I''m new! Driving a 2018 1.5T :) Cool White in the desert heat! Anyway, I came across one of them Stinger GTs on I-15 and couldn't resist but trying his ass... Yeah... he pulled on my everytime… and I couldn't go more than 120mph so... What can I do to take one of those on the roll? Was doing a little searching and found a lot of people were running Ktuner Stage 2 for 55hp.. would that work or do I need more? Thanks! New to this so don't beat me too hard! :)
I recently drove all three. Bought the 2.0 Sport AT10. If you are trying to whoop a Stinger, not sure even a tune on 1.5. can get it. I think the 2.0 will beat a Stinger with the turbo4, but if it’s the twin turbo 6 GT, then even a modded 2.0 is gonna get smacked. Don’t care or believe all theses guys saying I beat this and that. I extensively drove all three and the Stinger GT is fast, not just quick. But I am sure some butt hurt racers are gonna call bs. 😂 The Stinger GT is very well balanced also, better Skip pad numbers than the Sport. But went with Honda for reliability and resale.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think you are wrong. These are the stats on the twin turbo BY.

The twin-turbocharged 3.3-liter V-6 on the 2018 Kia Stinger cranks out 365 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque. It has a 0-60 mph acceleration time of just 4.7 seconds and can reach a top speed of 167 mph.

My Hondata 2.0 is every bit of 4.7 to 60. It may not be an ass whopping but it would be a good run.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your post is in reference to what. The originator was asking about tuning his 1.5 in order to keep up with the stinger, nothing about an assumption of what other people are doing. The stinger is heavier and that weight would have an impact especially with two very similar setups. Even the modded 2.0t with about 30 less HP has a pretty good chance of taking the stock stinger certainly to 60. My Accord tuned is not super quick from 60 on but it does get going from a stop better than a lot of cars I would expect to be faster.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It'll all depend if you're going against the turbo v6 or the turbo I4, and even then, 0-60 can vary depending if the Stinger is RWD or AWD.

Some quick Googling shows that a RWD 2.0T Stinger gets to 60 in 6 seconds which is slower than 2.0T Accords with the 10 auto. The 2.0T Stinger also has a slower 5-60 time (7.2 sec.) which would be a more accurate number to look at for street racing. For reference, 2.0T Accords do 0-60 in 5.3-5.7 seconds (depending on trim and testing publication) and 5-60 in about 5.9-6.3. I think the 2.0T Accords would also beat it in a quarter mile.

If it's a turbo V6 Stinger... I don't think that an Accord can beat it (maybe with a Tune?). I've seen some slower 0-60 times with the AWD model, but the Accord is so traction limited off the line that more power might just give you a ton of wheelspin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it's done right the acoord with a tune is faster than all of tose times esp with a tune
The Stinger Gt is running anywhere from 4.4 to 4.7 to sixty. 12.9 to 13.1 in the 1/4. That’s at least a second quicker everywhere over an Accord, giving the Honda best reported times thus far. It has better skidpad lateral grip at .94 vs. .88, and it stops better from 70-0 ( 154 vs. 170.) Basically it beats the Accord everywhere and it should with the bigger motor (and price tag). A roll of 5-60 and the Stinger GT beats a Caddy V-Sport( which I just sold), an E43 AMG, an A6 3.0t Comp, and a Jaguar XFS awd. I get it that Accords “can” be quick with a tune or some work but it’s still probably not going to compete with any of these bigger dollar larger motor cars. And if it needs a tune to possibly hang, better hope none of the mentioned above got work done or the gap gets even bigger. A 13.0 second car and a 14.0 second car trapping lil over 100mph is anywhere from 5-7 car lengths.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
550 Posts
The Stinger Gt is running anywhere from 4.4 to 4.7 to sixty. 12.9 to 13.1 in the 1/4. That’s at least a second quicker everywhere over an Accord, giving the Honda best reported times thus far. It has better skidpad lateral grip at .94 vs. .88, and it stops better from 70-0 ( 154 vs. 170.) Basically it beats the Accord everywhere and it should with the bigger motor (and price tag). A roll of 5-60 and the Stinger GT beats a Caddy V-Sport( which I just sold), an E43 AMG, an A6 3.0t Comp, and a Jaguar XFS awd. I get it that Accords “can” be quick with a tune or some work but it’s still probably not going to compete with any of these bigger dollar larger motor cars. And if it needs a tune to possibly hang, better hope none of the mentioned above got work done or the gap gets even bigger. A 13.0 second car and a 14.0 second car trapping lil over 100mph is anywhere from 5-7 car lengths.

Sorry, had to... :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.