2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know what the Accord sedan looks like, but what if it was a coupe or wagon instead? Motor1 has renderings of what they could look like and I'm a fan of the coupe.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I wish Honda hadn't decided to remove the coupe altogether. Would of been interesting to see what sportier trims would of been available in the 2 door model. I guess fans of the coupe will have to stick with their older models for now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wish Honda hadn't decided to remove the coupe altogether. Would of been interesting to see what sportier trims would of been available in the 2 door model. I guess fans of the coupe will have to stick with their older models for now.
Don't worry, I hear Acura has plans to bring back a coupe which could mean we get the next RSX. That to me would be the best move as long as they make it a true sport coupe and not like past generations.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Don't worry, I hear Acura has plans to bring back a coupe which could mean we get the next RSX. That to me would be the best move as long as they make it a true sport coupe and not like past generations.
I would love to see a new RSX, especially considering I hear they're bringing back their type S line. The old TL Type-S offered pretty close to 300hp. So fingers crossed we get something similar out of their new sports coupes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The most likely body shape to go into production could be the coupe if Honda ever decides to go that route. Honda already has the Civic Coupe and the outgoing Accord coupe, the latter is probably due for a refresh. But wagons aren't really popular outside of Europe.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I doubt that would be the case as so far it doesn't seem to be part of the brands business model.
Plus its better if they just put that effort into the Civic coupe.

Only exception should be a RWD 2 door and the accord wouldn't be that.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah I don't think we'll see the return of an Accord coupe. Honda has realized those looking for a sporty coupe, are more than likely to go for a civic. Lets hope that some of those renderings regarding an Accord Type R become a reality.

·
Registered
534 Posts
R Type Accord ?

Wish List for the R Type Accord ~

1. Slightly Larger Brakes 2 Pc . Floaters 12.9" and Matching Rears say 12.25"

2. Oil Cooler , Larger Wheels inside Current Sized Turbo at Least 2mm on Exhaust side & 3mm on Compressor side .

3. Read Out's on Boost , EGT, Oil Temp etc.

4. Sport Mode Actually Lowers Ride .5"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts