2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to purchase the remote start key fob but there is a serious back order to this key(72147-TVA-A01), some people are saying that the key (72147-TVA-A011) will work as well, just trying to figure out if anyone has tried programming this key to their 1.5T and if its worked or back fired on them??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im trying to purchase the remote start key fob but there is a serious back order to this key(72147-TVA-A01), some people are saying that the key (72147-TVA-A011) will work as well, just trying to figure out if anyone has tried programming this key to their 1.5T and if its worked or back fired on them??
I’ve done it saw on YouTube from Honda Jon. It worked on my Accord sport. Bought the remote on carandtruckremotes.com got it first on another site but they asked for my vin and got sent the regular key fob. This website didn’t ask for it and got the remote start key fob. Do it highly recommend it!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure if that other part number will work. I got mine from Hondapartsonline.net, it took a few weeks but it did show up. Perhaps they have some in stock still.

That other part number seems to go off the usual part number scheme Honda uses, who knows!

·
Registered
129 Posts
So how does one safely do a remote start on a manual trans car? Asking for a friend!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Make sure it's in neutral and have the e-brake on? May have to install an aftermarket solution to do remote start though, not sure if it is an OEM option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine from hondapartswholesaledirect.com for $68. The key fob came less than a week, and I paid $114 for dealer to program it ealier this morning. Worked perfectly!

·
Registered
115 Posts
So how does one safely do a remote start on a manual trans car? Asking for a friend!
They can do it. I’ve had it on past manual cars. They have to install something that will prevent the car from starting should you try starting it when it’s in gear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered mine from hondapartswholesaledirect.com for $68. The key fob came less than a week, and I paid $114 for dealer to program it ealier this morning. Worked perfectly!
Am I reading this right? All I need is the remote start key fob and get it programmed to add remote start to my Sport 1.5T?

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
LX FOB 72147-TVA-A11 $61 same MSRP (online only) as EX with remote start

EX FOB 72147-TVA-A01 w/Remote Start

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered from UHS-Hardware.com received it next day had it programmed by a locksmith for $90.00 as opposed to the dealer that wanted to charge me $135.00 per hour.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Th
Just ordered from UHS-Hardware.com received it next day had it programmed by a locksmith for $90.00 as opposed to the dealer that wanted to charge me $135.00 per hour.
Is worked for you? Id hate to buy it and then it not work

·
Registered
5 Posts
This what I ordered. 2018-2019 Honda Accord / 5-Button Smart Key / PN: 72147-TVA-A21 / CWTWB1G0090 (Driver 1) (OEM) × 1

·
Registered
12 Posts
It works on 18's definitely. I'm not sure for 19-20's. Honda recently told dealers to stop trying to program non-remote start vehicles with the remote start key. I'm sure you could find someone to program it though. I have known a couple who have had it done and then later stopped working. It's rare though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It works on 18's definitely. I'm not sure for 19-20's. Honda recently told dealers to stop trying to program non-remote start vehicles with the remote start key. I'm sure you could find someone to program it though. I have known a couple who have had it done and then later stopped working. It's rare though.
I visited the dealer asked how much to program the key on my 20 accord and they asked $130 non questions asked. I said no thanks and left. I seriously doubt dealers are going to decline easy money.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts