2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
562 Posts
Man, I can't wrap my head around those results! From the numbers, I was expecting the first set of races to be much much closer (I wonder what would have happened if the drivers switched cars and ran it back a few times). And the second set - they didn't say anything so are we to presume that Accord was stock (that doesn't make sense to me either!)?!

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And the second set - they didn't say anything so are we to presume that Accord was stock (that doesn't make sense to me either!)?!
I was surprised at that too... he didn't say specifically that it was/wasn't tuned but he did (it least I thought he did) imply that it wasn't. :unsure:

· Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
Accord 10AT = Ultimate sleeper.
Add some go fast parts and the beast comes out 💪

· Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
I know that, obviously, the 10AT will be quicker than the manual as far as the Accord is concerned. My understanding was that the CTR pulled away from the 10AT after about 65. Makes me think the 10AT was tuned. Either way that was all very surprising. Like @Samuelx said I'd like to see them switch drivers in the 6MT/CTR runs. The shifts in the Accord looked pretty sloppy. Either way I'll never regret pulling the trigger on my 6MT when it came around.

· Registered
341 Posts
I know that, obviously, the 10AT will be quicker than the manual as far as the Accord is concerned. My understanding was that the CTR pulled away from the 10AT after about 65. Makes me think the 10AT was tuned. Either way that was all very surprising. Like @Samuelx said I'd like to see them switch drivers in the 6MT/CTR runs. The shifts in the Accord looked pretty sloppy. Either way I'll never regret pulling the trigger on my 6MT when it came around.
10AT launches much better than the Type R, that's why the R caught up. I owned a 2017 Type R #318. Its not an easy car to launch at all. More of a roll racer. The 10AT also starts in 2nd gear. 1st is hardly ever used.

I can honestly say with my Accords build as of now, I will smoke a stock Type R. Done it twice and that was before the PRL DP and FP. The 10AT transmission is quite amazing, I give massive kudos to Honda for finally making a great AT.

Bonus also it seats my kiddos comfortably :)

Reactions: Mr.2.g0

· Registered
560 Posts
10AT launches much better than the Type R, that's why the R caught up. I owned a 2017 Type R #318. Its not an easy car to launch at all. More of a roll racer. The 10AT also starts in 2nd gear. 1st is hardly ever used.

I can honestly say with my Accords build as of now, I will smoke a stock Type R. Done it twice and that was before the PRL DP and FP. The 10AT transmission is quite amazing, I give massive kudos to Honda for finally making a great AT.

Bonus also it seats my kiddos comfortably :)
I test drove one with the 10AT when my wife was buying her 10th gen and it was incredibly quick. I've been driving manuals forever and still love it so finding one with the 2.0 in Still Night Pearl, it was like winning the lottery for me lol The extra room for the kids was a huge reason I got into it over my 2017 Si coupe too. I bet the Type R is a blast to drive through the corners though! Definitely less of a drag car than a track car.

· Registered
341 Posts
I test drove one with the 10AT when my wife was buying her 10th gen and it was incredibly quick. I've been driving manuals forever and still love it so finding one with the 2.0 in Still Night Pearl, it was like winning the lottery for me lol The extra room for the kids was a huge reason I got into it over my 2017 Si coupe too. I bet the Type R is a blast to drive through the corners though! Definitely less of a drag car than a track car.
I am normally a Manual guy also. I owned a 2017 4dr Si before my R too. Great car.

I really went with the 10AT for build purposes after doing research. I drove both back to back and decided to go with the dreaded button transmission and haven't looked back. I do think the manual 2.0T needed a sport mode, LSD and shorter throws. I probably would of owned one if it came with that :)

Reactions: Mr.2.g0 and Samuelx

· Registered
560 Posts
I am normally a Manual guy also. I owned a 2017 4dr Si before my R too. Great car.

I really went with the 10AT for build purposes after doing research. I drove both back to back and decided to go with the dreaded button transmission and haven't looked back. I do think the manual 2.0T needed a sport mode, LSD and shorter throws. I probably would of owned one if it came with that :)
The Si is one of the best bang for the buck cars I've ever driven, tons of fun. I said this on another post but the transmission buttons broke me the first time I drove one lol It took a couple minutes to make sense of it. I 100% agree with the sport mode, I found it really strange it didn't come with that button. LSD would definitely be great and as far as shorter throws that can be fixed fairly easily. I had the Acuity base bushings, centering spring and Sirimoto short shift adapter in my Si and it brought the drive to a different level. I plan on eventually adding some of the tranny mods to my Accord so we'll see how that goes. I can't argue with the 10AT, it's a really good transmission.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was really surprised in the difference of the 10 speed AT over the 6 speed MT. I haven't dug into the gear ratio comparison but the fact that there are ten speeds vs six would lead me to believe that has some bearing in the results.

Been many years since I owned a manual transmission... enjoyed them when I had them but have gotten lazy (along w/arthritis in my knees) and prefer an auto transmission now. When desired I can get some excitement/joy by using the paddle shifters in Sport mode to satisfy the fact that I'm not in a manual transmission. 😁

· Registered
560 Posts
I was really surprised in the difference of the 10 speed AT over the 6 speed MT. I haven't dug into the gear ratio comparison but the fact that there are ten speeds vs six would lead me to believe that has some bearing in the results.

Been many years since I owned a manual transmission... enjoyed them when I had them but have gotten lazy (along w/arthritis in my knees) and prefer an auto transmission now. When desired I can get some excitement/joy by using the paddle shifters in Sport mode to satisfy the fact that I'm not in a manual transmission. 😁
Gearing is definitely part of it. Also helps that it fires off those shifts lightning quick. Part of me really wants to give the TLX Type S a shot when they start popping up at the dealer. I'll have to wait a little before I can trade mine in on one of those but I'm very interested in how that car drives. I'm also torn because I love my three pedals.

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
562 Posts
I'm also very interested in the TLX-S. Just a little leery about buying the first year model and I think it's also button shift so I'm really disliking that. Other reviews say it's heavy and less roomy inside, especially in the rear seat. I'm hoping that they'll make a TLX-S wagon...

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Part of me really wants to give the TLX Type S a shot when they start popping up at the dealer. I'll have to wait a little before I can trade mine in on one of those but I'm very interested in how that car drives.
I'm also very interested in the TLX-S. Just a little leery about buying the first year model and I think it's also button shift so I'm really disliking that. Other reviews say it's heavy and less roomy inside, especially in the rear seat. I'm hoping that they'll make a TLX-S wagon...
My wife has a '19 TLX SHAWD and I had thought about looking into the TLX Type S too. I had went so far as to build one online and threw the P&A available at it (as I did my Accord). 😁 Honestly after looking at cost and what I have in my car (that is paid off) it was more of a "want" than a "need". Add to that if I did get the Type S "pimped" out then wifey would want/get one too. LOL!!!

· Registered
560 Posts
My wife has a '19 TLX SHAWD and I had thought about looking into the TLX Type S too. I had went so far as to build one online and threw the P&A available at it (as I did my Accord). 😁 Honestly after looking at cost and what I have in my car (that is paid off) it was more of a "want" than a "need". Add to that if I did get the Type S "pimped" out then wifey would want/get one too. LOL!!!
Being paid off I'd probably ride out the Accord for a while lol I do love mine, that TLX looks good though! I bet the 19 you have is plenty for her daily driver.

· Registered
341 Posts
Just looked at a Type S yesterday while I got my oil changed. 54k with no options. It’s nice but the factory wheels are bleh, so those would need to be swapped. At that price point there are a lot of nice cars. I’m going to keep my Accord for a while. Only 9k miles still and it’s plenty fast. I want to race a Type S 😜

· Registered
560 Posts
Just looked at a Type S yesterday while I got my oil changed. 54k with no options. It’s nice but the factory wheels are bleh, so those would need to be swapped. At that price point there are a lot of nice cars. I’m going to keep my Accord for a while. Only 9k miles still and it’s plenty fast. I want to race a Type S 😜
The high performance wheel and tire package looks really good. I don't think there are really many options outside of that. It would strongly consider an S4 if I were to get serious about something in that price range.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've heard its less roomy. The push button does kinda suck but if the car were good enough I would learn to deal with it. I've heard a lot of positive reviews though
I haven't noticed (nor compared) the difference in room between wife's TLX and my Accord... to me they seem the same (or close to) and I would imagine/expect the TLX to be a little larger (it is Honda's upscale/premium sedan). Push button doesn't bother me in the least as I'm used to them already and if it's like my wife's it will have Sport & Sport+ modes (don't ask me the difference... wifey will not let me try them 😁).
Being paid off I'd probably ride out the Accord for a while lol I do love mine, that TLX looks good though! I bet the 19 you have is plenty for her daily driver.
No payments is definitely incentive to keep what I have. The days of me getting vehicles often has slowly gotten farther and farther apart. At one time I would get a new car instead of replacing tires on the car I owned. 😁

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea price is no joke... the one I built online came to over $58K. This price was the base car being at MSRP and I hear there may be dealers marking up the base price over MSRP.

· Registered
341 Posts
Yea price is no joke... the one I built online came to over $58K. This price was the base car being at MSRP and I hear there may be dealers marking up the base price over MSRP.
There are honestly at this price point turbo V6 sedans with AWD are a plenty. Infiniti, Acura, Audi, BMW and even the new Genesis G70 are some of the offerings. I personally would love to find a used M2 with low miles 👍

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.